This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Hotspot using QR code with SSID details

Hi Everyone,

The organization want to implement QR code for visitors accessing the Guest Wifi.

The details of the QR code need to contain simple details of the Guest Wifi SSID simlar to image 1, in this way, device automatically gives an option to what SSID to connect to.

Right now this is details of QR code, devices need to connect first to SSID before scanning

Regards

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • oww.. suddenly realized that, the users need to accept the "Terms of Use" before able to login and access the Internet.

In any case, a redirection to Terms of Use page portal may work after able to login with voucher code?

Thanks in Advance and Regards

• Ahlan Vhince Chua,

There's no way to generate a QR code with UTM nor to "read" one, or am I not understanding your question?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi BAlfson,

What I mean is the embedded information in the QR code for Hotspot Voucher contains a URL which point to Sophos portal. In this method, devices need to connect FIRST to SSID (example given below: Employees wifi). Before users actually try the URL embedded in the QR code.

In the other hand, from my first post looking at the first image, the QR code ALREADY contains the information about the SSID, type of password used, and the password. It also has the option asking the user connect to WiFi. This is what our organization is looking for. 

Slight smile

Regards