This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Java Applet being block when Web Security is enabled

I've got a Java Applet from theice.com the won't connect when Web Security is enabled on the Astaro Firewall running 8.201.

Even if I add an Exception for the IP Address of the workstation that is going to the site and skip all of the options, it still won't connect.  Adding it to the URL Allowed list doesn't help either.

I can get to the actual web page and logon to the secure site.  It is just when the Java Applet is launched that I get a blank screen.

I've checked the Web Logs and don't see any blocks or failures.  I've also enabled Application Control and allowed Java with no success.

The only solution right now is to turn off Web Security.  Does anyone have any ideas of where I can look to see why this is being blocked?

Oddly enough this website and java applet work just fine through another Astaro with Web Security also running 8.201.  It seems to be something in the settings on this Astaro.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.