This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

root partition is filling after update to 7.3

Hey everybody,

after i updated to version 7.3 my root partition is filling up till 100%. And then my astaro does not work very well, with a root partition that is full.

does somebody have a solution for this issue?

thanks
redmalte

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • What is the size of your hdd?
  • i´m using the virtual appliance with the pre-configured hdd. the maximum size ist 30gb, i think.
  • Hi,

Hey everybody,

after i updated to version 7.3 my root partition is filling up till 100%. And then my astaro does not work very well, with a root partition that is full.

does somebody have a solution for this issue?

thanks
    redmalte

Could you login as root to your ASG and run the following command:

find -xdev /|sort -nr >sizes

This will print the sizes of all files/directories to the sizes file. Please copy that file of the ASG, and send it to sschnelle@astaro.com.

You can also send a login, so i could take a look.

Thanks!

Sven.
  • Hi Sven,

when i run the command i get an error "paths must precede expression". I´m not an linux expert, sorry for that.

Thanks,
    Malte
  • Hi,

Hi Sven,

when i run the command i get an error "paths must precede expression". I´m not an linux expert, sorry for that.

Thanks,
    Malte

Sorry, i've posted before my first coffee - the command written above is just crap [:$]. It should be 

du -x /|sort -nr >sizes

Cheers,

Sven.
  • Hi,

I have the same problem. After updating to 7.3 the root partition is filling.
    Today morning at 04:35 it was filled to 85 %, now at 09:40 it is filled to 92 %.

So I'm afraid that today evening it filled up till 100 %.

Is this a know problem or have you any suggestions ?

Thanks.
    Andreas
  • We have the same problem. Usage was about 95-97% during the last day, this morning it went up to 100% which caused the AV on the HTTP-proxy to fail [:(]

Greets,
    Marc
  • Meanwhile we deactivated proxy caching and flushed all SPAM mails.
    We are now on 97% and AV is running again...
  • I wanted to upgrade our 7.202 to 7.300 this morning but this post is an absolute no go for upgrading. I hope this will be fixed soon so I can successfully upgrade.
  • I wanted to upgrade our 7.202 to 7.300 this morning but this post is an absolute no go for upgrading. I hope this will be fixed soon so I can successfully upgrade.

I have upgraded two machine to 7.3 w/o issues.  Might want to see what their configs are as it could be something specific to their configurations.

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow