We've just released UTM version 9.7 MR17 (9.717). Our usual release phases will be accelerated for this release as it addresses a serious security vulnerability in the Exim email server:
- We are making this release available immediately via our Up2Date service for automated installation.
- You can also download the update package for manual installation from our download server. Click the link and navigate to the folder UTM / v9 / up2date.
- Up2date package – 9.716 to 9.717 https://download.astaro.com/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.716002-717003.tgz.gpg
- Md5sum is 0da2cb872c9c39e4cadfb970dabe424b https://download.astaro.com/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.716002-717003.tgz.gpg.md5
Details of this release, along with previous releases, can be found on our official release notes page.
This release addresses a vulnerability in the Exim email server component that is used in SG UTM's email gateway feature. Full information about the recently disclosed vulnerabilities in the Exim software can be found in our security advisory on the topic.
This release also addresses an issue that was discovered by a few customers affecting the performance of SG UTM systems with Intel i40e network interfaces. This may impact some customers with pluggable network interface modules using this chipset, or customers running SG UTM as software on non-Sophos hardware with network interfaces of this type.
We recommend that all customers upgrade to 9.7 MR17 as soon as possible. Customers who have not yet updated to 9.716 are encouraged to go straight to 9.717 by allowing the up2date process to apply all available updates in sequence.
- Maintenance Release
- Security Release
- System will be rebooted
- Configuration will be upgraded
- NUTM-14362 - [Basesystem] Increase granularity of ethernet offload options
- NUTM-14368 - [Email] Exim: libspf2 vulnerability - CVE-2023-42118