Application Control Updates Pre-release Notice
The following have been identified as applications that would benefit from some level of control and will be added to the existing list.
Note: These applications will be automatically blocked for customers who have enabled the following optional setting in their Application Control policy for either Sophos Central or Enterprise Console:
- Sophos Central: New applications added to this category by Sophos
- Enterprise Console: All Added by Sophos in the future
If you don’t want new applications to be automatically blocked the above setting can be disabled.
This is a notification for the latest Application Control 5.98 data update, which is currently planned to be rolled out on the 17th Jan 2023. Occasionally the list changes slightly before the release date, there will be a follow-up update on the release date to confirm it has been released.
|WatchGuard SSO Client||Proxy||watchguard Technologies|
|NordLayer VPN||Proxy||Nordsec Ltd|
|Generex Netfinder||NetworkTool||Generex GmbH|
|Micro Focus Groupwise Client||EmailClient||Micro Focus Software Inc.|
|Micro Focus Groupwise Messenger||IMClient||Micro Focus Software Inc.|
|Micro Focus Filr||P2P||Micro Focus Software Inc.|
|Micro Focus Filr Native client||P2P||Micro Focus Software Inc.|
|IDrive HelpDeskInstaller||AssetMan||Zoho Corporation|
|Total Network Inventory||AssetMan||Softinventive Lab|
|OBS Studio||ScreenCapTool||OBS Project|
|Amolto Call Recorder||SystemTool||Amolto|
|Softinventive Total Software Deployment||AssetMan||Softinventive Lab|
For information on configuring Application Control please review these links:
- Currently Controlled Application list: Controlled Applications
- Sophos Central managed: Sophos Central Application Control Policy
- Sophos Enterprise Console managed: Enterprise Console Application control policy
- For frequently asked questions: Application Control Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)