This release brings an exciting expansion to Sophos Cloud Workload Protection that sees Intercept X Advanced for Server incorporate CSPM with new Cloud Optix Standard capabilities. This addition extends protection beyond server workloads running in Amazon Web Services (AWS), Microsoft Azure, and Google Cloud Platform (GCP) to critical cloud services and provides seamless integration with Sophos server agents running in the cloud.
Sophos Cloud Optix Standard and Advanced
Sophos Intercept X Advanced for Server customers now benefit from Cloud Optix Standard CSPM capabilities, enabling security teams to focus on and proactively fix their most critical cloud security vulnerabilities before they’re identified and exploited in cyberattacks.
By identifying and risk profiling cloud workload security configuration issues, suspicious access events, and unusual network traffic vulnerabilities impacting security posture. Cloud Optix Standard ensures teams respond faster, providing contextual alerts that group affected resources with detailed remediation steps.
Cloud Optix is now also changing to Cloud Optix Advanced. This license update does not alter any of the advanced CSPM features of the previous Cloud Optix license. The update will provide a pathway for organizations using the new Cloud Optix Standard to the full range of security and compliance monitoring capabilities.
All Cloud Optix customers now also benefit from a new seamless integration with Intercept X Advanced for Server in Sophos Central, automatically removing servers from the Central Admin console when VMs are terminated in AWS and Azure environments.*
*Requires Intercept X Advanced for Server license
New features included with Intercept X Advanced for Server
- Cloud Asset Inventory – View a detailed inventory of your entire cloud infrastructure (e.g. IAM roles, security groups, shared storage, databases, serverless, containers and more), eliminating the need for time-consuming manual collation across AWS, Azure, and GCP.
- Access and Traffic Anomaly Detection – Unusual login attempts, and suspicious traffic patterns are automatically detected, and teams alerted.
- Security scans – Daily and on-demand scans monitor your cloud environment to ensure its on-going security health. Alerts are automatically prioritized by risk level, while guided response provides detailed information and instructions to resolve the issue.
- Security Best Practice – Detect when cloud accounts and the configuration of deployed resources do not align to security best practices with Center for Internet Security (CIS) Benchmark policies, helping keep security posture at its best.
- Alert Management Integrations – receive email notifications when manual intervention is required.
A comparison of Cloud Optix Standard and Advanced features is included below:
Frequently asked questions
Do I need to add Cloud Optix Standard to my Sophos Central account?
The experience for customers with Sophos Intercept X Advanced for Server term licenses is seamless, with these new Cloud Optix Standard capabilities automatically available in the Central Admin console for all eligible customers. Simply log into Sophos Central and select Cloud Optix from the product menu where customers will be guided through the onboarding process of public cloud environments. Sophos Cloud Optix setup is simple, with no software to install, and only ‘read only’ access required to safely and securely assess the security posture of the customer’s cloud environments.
There are no additional costs, licenses, or license keys required to activate this new functionality. Note that this enhancement will apply to term licenses only and will not apply to MSP Flex monthly accounts.
How many Cloud Assets do I get with Cloud Optix Standard?
Nothing changes for Intercept X Advanced for Server customers. The added Cloud Optix Standard capabilities work on a 20% uplift to the server license entitlement. For example, customers with 100 Intercept X Advanced for Server licenses are given a Cloud Optix Standard entitlement to monitor 120 cloud assets.
How does Cloud Optix count cloud assets?
A cloud asset is a single virtual machine instance (including any server instance or database instance) or container image, within a cloud environment that benefits from, or whose configuration is accessed by, Sophos Cloud Optix. A full description of these assets can be found online at https://docs.sophos.com/pcg/optix/help/en-us/pcg/optix/concepts/SophosCloudOptixLicensing.html
To learn more about Cloud Workload Protection visit https://www.sophos.com/cwp where you can trial Cloud Optix Standard free for 30-days.