This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Up2date from 9.210-20 to 9.304-9 hangs on slave node

Hi,

got a problem. I scheduled to update our utm 220 from 9.210-20 to 9.304-9 for yesterday. Now today I see that the Up2date process is still shown on the slave node and I cannot stop it or reboot the slave node?

Can somebody help?
Is there a way to fix this on slave node? Or do I have to do a hard reboot on the machine directly on monday -,-?

And no there is no possibility to get access to the logs because of 9.210...

Help [:S]

greetz
Philipp

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Philipp, you should immediately get a support case opened at Sophos.  Someone will need to go in at the command line to check that.  It's possible that just rebooting the node would work, but I wouldn't try that without convincing myself that it was the right thing to do.

By the way, If you have four Up2Dates showing on the Up2Date page instead of just one to 9.304, Sophos or your reseller will need to delete those at the command line.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob, 

thanks for the good explanation.
    When you have your own build utm v9 machine, you still can call Sophos to fix the issue with multiple updates?

Greetings,
    T>
  • If you have a paid license, you can get support.  The hardware and software versions function exactly the same.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • 2 other questions:
    What when you have a home license? and
    How to fix it then?
  • Different scenarios for 9.210-to-9.304 Up2Date

With a home license, I don't think you can be in High-Availability, so it's much simpler.

If you're on version 9.210 and you already have the five Up2Dates to 9.300, 9.301, 9.302, 9.303 & 9.304 showing as available in WebAdmin, use the version change trick to Up2Date to 9.304 in WebAdmin.

If you're on 9.210 and no Up2Dates show as available in WebAdmin, do, as root at the command line:

cd /var/up2date/sys
    wget http://ftp.astaro.com/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.210020-304009.tgz.gpg
    /sbin/auisys.plx --showdesc

Then install in WebAdmin.

If you're on 9.300-5, follow these instructions.

If your version shows as 9.304, but there were errors during the Up2Date from 9.303, follow these instructions.

Cheers - Bob

MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello, it works.

First ssh the server.
    Su, vi version to 9.209009, but i didn't get the updates.
    vi version back to 9.210020, i got message to update to 9.210020. Which I did, but nothing happened because I already had that version.
    Then I downloaded the u2d-sys-9.210020-304009.tgz.gpg file and did a manual upgrade.
    Reboot and succes.
    Again thanks for the advice Bob.
  • Opened support ticket at sophos support. Thanks for your help!