This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Moving a computer between groups in Enterprise Console

Hello fellow Sophos Users,

my problem is, that old windows7 is not supported anymore. Therefore i made a new group for old pc's who will have no sophos in the future and also no internet access.

Now I want to move those windows7 pc's in the new group but failing to do so.

I already tried: https://support.sophos.com/support/s/article/KB-000034194?language=en_US , but nothing happens.

There are no errors or other warnings leading to a deeper understanding why this is not working.

Could it be the problem, sophos already not updating correctly on windows7 anymore thus no changing of groups possible?

Thank you for any ideas on this topic.

Best Regards

Achim

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello Achim,

no sophos in the future and also no internet access
    I assume they have still access to the LAN, don't they? no sophos means you intend to uninstall it, or? What's the purpose of moving them to their own group?

move [...] failing
    Normally you use the Console to move computers from one group to another. As you likely have only this one destination group why not simply sort by Operating system under the Computer Details tab,  select all Windows 7 endpoints and drag them to the desired group?

nothing happens
    did you specify the group correctly as in the given example \SECServer\Group1\Group2? One leading backslash, CaSe sENsitive (except for SECserver), no trailing backslash. Just tested with a Windows 7 machine, works as expected.

Christian

• Hello Christian,

thank you for looking into this question.

I found the solution for my problem. The Groups where imported by my predecessor directly from the Windows Server structure. Thus i can only change the group inside the WindowsServer and Sophos Server reloads the structure periodically.

This eventuality was unknown to me. Slight smile

Achim