This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SAV did not update. hard to uninstall. new install impossible. have auto update install log file. had that issue

a few months ago, too. getting a bit upset. can anybody help? thank you!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hello --3,

it's not possible to help you with some details. First of all, which platform and which product - Home, Central, SEC?

Normally if SAV did not update a reinstall is neither necessary nor the first action one should take. Sp please give some details what new install impossible is, if possible post the related logs.

Christian   

• SES (escw_107_sa), without firewall. win7-64.

machine was trying and trying to update, wanted to stop that. upon uninstall have been told that another process is using autoupdate, so went to regedit as listed in help here.

upon install I am told sophos auto update service could not be installed and I am asked if I have sufficient permission to install system services. until now I had ;-) - I am the sole user of my PC.

services shows: auto update cannot be found, code 2.

thank you!

• SES (escw_107_sa), without firewall. win7-64.

machine was trying and trying to update, wanted to stop that. upon uninstall have been told that another process is using autoupdate, so went to regedit as listed in help here.

upon install I am told sophos auto update service could not be installed and I am asked if I have sufficient permission to install system services. until now I had ;-) - I am the sole user of my PC.

services shows: auto update cannot be found, code 2.

thank you!

Children