This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

internal error 2738

Hello,

I try to install Sophos Anti-Virus 9.5 standalone on a Windows 7 pro 32 bit computer and I get internal error 2738 while it's installing Sophos AutoUpdate. I've tried solutions from

http://www.sophos.com/support/knowledgebase/article/42914.html and

but they didn't work.

BTW: I can install Sophos Anti-Virus 7.x standalone on this machine without any problem.

Could someone help please?

Thanks.

Regards,

:9113

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • In that case do you have the MSI log with the error, the name of the Custom Action might help to understand what it's doing when it fails.

If it's beyond the 20000 character limit, if you search from the bottom up of the log for the text:

return value 3

then paste the 20 lines above.  Please check that there isn't more than one return value 3, if there is, maybe post both sections.

Thanks,

Jak

:9219
  • In that case do you have the MSI log with the error, the name of the Custom Action might help to understand what it's doing when it fails.

If it's beyond the 20000 character limit, if you search from the bottom up of the log for the text:

return value 3

then paste the 20 lines above.  Please check that there isn't more than one return value 3, if there is, maybe post both sections.

Thanks,

Jak

:9219
Children
No Data