Upgrading to 5.5.2

Hello all,

not really a question but there is no other option in the Enterprise Console forum.

A few weeks ago I migrated the 5.5.1 installations on the 2008 R2s to 2016 servers. So why not upgrade while I still remember how to do a fresh install - just in case [;)]?

If you haven't already done so please read the Release Notes. If your database is still on a SQL 2008 instance (because you came all the way from 5.3.x, you used an existing SQL 2008 installation or instance) - bad luck.
Otherwise the process is pretty simple. Pre-reqs are installed if necessary, after the reboot the installer resumes as usual. The new versions of the components are installed, you reboot. Takes more than a couple of minutes so the CIDs aren't updated but remain available.

As expected the look and feel of the UI hasn't noticeably changed - except for yet another plug for Central: There's an additional How to manage Sophos in the cloud button that takes you to the Migrating To Sophos Central page (and the text Stop discovering computers is now displayed beside the button).

Reports are faster and look a little bit different as the Microsoft Report Viewer is used. There are fewer export formats - Excel, Word, and PDF, for tables also CSV.

The Endpoints view has the new Hide/Unhide actions and the associated Hidden computers view. As I've assumed a status message not only unhides a hidden computer but also undeletes a deleted one (as it used to do).

The new multi-factor authentication requires Sophos Mobile - another incentive to go into the cloud?

So much for today. While upgrading the first server took less than 20 minutes the second one,  installed around the same time, same set of software, more or less identical, played tricks. It's running now - of course.

Christian

Parents Reply Children
No Data