This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I have one SSID bridged to AP LAN and one SSID bridged to VLAN?

Hello

Im trying to get the following working:

I want one SSID for access of the internal network (without vlan tagging, 192.168.43.xx) -> Bridge to AP LAN

And one SSID for our guest network (with vlan tag 40, 172.16.29.xxx) -> Bridge to VLAN

Now I want to enable this on our UTM 9.4 but its refusing his config.

Error

The VLAN settings of the access point 'xxx' conflicts with the client traffic option: 'Bridge to VLAN' of the SSID 'guestnet'.

enabling vlan tagging on ap:

The VLAN settings of the access point 'xxx' conflicts with the client traffic option: 'Bridge to AP LAN' of the SSID 'internalnet'.

In the manual on Page 435 i found the following:

<quote>

l Bridge to AP LAN: You can bridge a wireless network into the network of an access point, that means that wireless clients share the same IP address range.

Note – If VLAN is enabled, the wireless clients will be bridged into the VLAN network of the access point.

</quote>

but this isnt working?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Tobi

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • hi, i resolved this for me with the following method:

i switched the access point to a new vlan (50) and used for the wlan networks other vlans (1 for production and 40 for our guest internet). that works as intended. you have to adjust your switch as well.

i never tested if the bug is resolved, in the meantime...