This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do I have one SSID bridged to AP LAN and one SSID bridged to VLAN?

Hello

Im trying to get the following working:

I want one SSID for access of the internal network (without vlan tagging, 192.168.43.xx) -> Bridge to AP LAN

And one SSID for our guest network (with vlan tag 40, 172.16.29.xxx) -> Bridge to VLAN

Now I want to enable this on our UTM 9.4 but its refusing his config.

Error

The VLAN settings of the access point 'xxx' conflicts with the client traffic option: 'Bridge to VLAN' of the SSID 'guestnet'.

enabling vlan tagging on ap:

The VLAN settings of the access point 'xxx' conflicts with the client traffic option: 'Bridge to AP LAN' of the SSID 'internalnet'.

In the manual on Page 435 i found the following:

<quote>

l Bridge to AP LAN: You can bridge a wireless network into the network of an access point, that means that wireless clients share the same IP address range.

Note – If VLAN is enabled, the wireless clients will be bridged into the VLAN network of the access point.

</quote>

but this isnt working?

Can anybody help me?

Thanks

Tobi

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I haven't tried this, Tobi, but I think it should work.  What does Support have to say?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I haven't tried this, Tobi, but I think it should work.  What does Support have to say?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children