This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How do i Connect to StrongVPN or any other Commercial VPn provider ?

How do i Connect to StrongVPN or any other Commercial VPn provider ?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • To the best of my knowledge, UTM and SG models as VPN option but as an alternative you may flashing the router by DD-WRT firmware. 
    DD-WRT is a free open source project aimed at developing a Linux based firmware solution that removes the restrictions placed on routers by their default programming. Fortunately, it has the option of selecting different VPN configurations like: PPTP, L2TP or OpenVPN and Once configured, users on the network don’t need to enter a log in process when they need to activate the VPN. It just starts automatically, so any device connects automatically and easily, giving you all the benefits of using a reliable VPN service.

In order to check whether your router is DD-WRT supported or not, please check your router here : Router Database | www.dd-wrt.com

And here is a configuration guide that will give you better idea of how you can config it on your router.

Hope it could help.
  • Thx for your input. A shame you can not connect with UTM. I tried dd wrt and a standard router does not have enough computing power to sub-stain a fast openvpn connection. 

I hope this option becomes available, i think i am not the only one who would like this option.

Thx agian.
  • Thx for your input. A shame you can not connect with UTM. I tried dd wrt and a standard router does not have enough computing power to sub-stain a fast openvpn connection. 

I hope this option becomes available, i think i am not the only one who would like this option.

Thx agian.
Children
No Data