This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Licens Renewal Issue

Hi all

I am trying to renew my License for my UTM 9, which ran out on 31.01.2014, and I have been trying to write to the nsglicensing@sophos.com, for some help on the renewal process, but I keep getting the following error on the emails I send:

: connect to mx1.sophos.com[145.253.124.137]:25:
    Connection timed out

Or the latest:

(connect to mx5.sophos.com[195.171.192.119]:25: Connection timed out)
nsglicensing@sophos.com

I don't know how to get in touch with the License guys if I cant send them emails.

Looking forward to hear from any one who can help me on this issue.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi, 

1. is this a home license or a business license?

2. if business, did you buy through a reseller or directly from Sophos?

Barry
  • Hi Barry

This is an home license with 100 IP addresses.
  • Hi Tom,
    I have some bad news for you, as a home user once it expires that is the end of that licence, you have to apply for a new one.
    I lost my 100 user IP licence the same way.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Ian

I am about to say that is not fair since I have been trying since 2 weeks before the license expired to renew it and now I lose it because there was no way to do it online any more with out contacting the license people that I cant write an email to, well go figure.

I can remember the old days when there was a simple Renew License feature online.
  • Hi

I found this out as well' here's the reply from licencing:-

thank you for your mail.
    At the moment it is not possible for you to renew the Home Use License in MyUTM by yourself.
    I have extended the duration of your license for another 3 years manually. Please download the license file and apply it to your UTM again so that the changes will be active there, too. You could also let the license expire, delete it and just create a new one.

this reply was from licensing-emea@astaro.com but mine is the 50 user so dont know if that is all you can get !

Silversurfer
  • 50 ip home license is the max you can get.  I used to have a 100 but it got downconverted as well..[:(]

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

• Well from what i can see in MyUTM my license is expired, so I am just hoping that some of the SOPHOS personel read this forum since I cant send them a mail without doing some major changes to my mail system, and since my UTM was handling all my mail correspondence to the outside world, and that has stopped working, well go figure.

Oh and on a side note no E-Mail from Sophos about the problem that you cant renew online any more but have to write them a mail asking them to renew it, which is not clear any where under MyUTM.
  • Tom,

Sorry, I appreciate your frustration, but you're starting to sound like a martyr.  Can you not simply delete your expired license and request a new one to get you going, then worry about berating Sophos about their policy change once you're back on the air?  Or is your household so connected that you absolutely have to have 100 IPs or nothing?
  • Hi

Well I have been thinking that I might have come off a bit angry (not my intention), on top of all this my ISP is having problems with my ADSL connection so it is all just getting to me.

And yes Jetkins my home is "so" wired up that a 10 IP license wont cut it for me any more (sadly), otherwise I would have done as you suggested, that is the down side with 3 smart TV, PS3, Wii, Smart phones, pads, me hosting my own mail / web sites and so on.

And yet again sorry for the harsh tones in the early posts, I am just frustrated that I cant get in touch with the people that can help me, and now I stand to loose my "good" license because I cant send them an E-mail because my license is expired, and that I don't want to make to many changes to an set up that worked perfectly before the expiration.
  • Hi Tom,

The standard home licenses now allow 50 IPs, not 10.

Barry