This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FTP not working in my network with Sophos UTM 9

Hi all, 

I'm new on Sophos UTM and one internal department needs FTP access to a URL on the internet. It works fine if the laptop is out of the network and but it doesn't when it's behind the UTM.

I read some posts of people having the same problem. Here is what I've done so far.

- I have a rule allowing everything from the laptop I'm testing it from

- I enabled FTP proxy and tried in Transparent, Non-transparent and Both modes, and I allowed the internal network

- The Web Filtering is set in Transparent Mode

Would you guys know what I'm missing here.

Thanks.

William

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • First, make sure that FTP is enabled under Network Protection > Firewall > Advanced > Connection Tracking Helpers. And are you sure this is FTP, not SFTP or FTPS?

In our environment we have very few users that need access to FTP, so I haven not used the FTP proxy. Web filtering is in standard mode and firewall rules are used to allow FTP from specific host/networks to specific endpoints. I found it more trouble to configure various ftp clients to use the ftp proxy than it was to create a few rules for the limited use.

•  HI Tim, 

Thanks for your reply, I forgot to mention that FTP is enabled under Network Protection.

I wasn't sure if was FTP or SFTP and it's SFTP.

Reply Children
No Data