Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help, getting attacked

Hello, today I realized that someone is trying to brute force my RDP Server since a few days.

So I switched of the NAT rule for RDP.

Still the attack keeps going on, the UTM does its work and drops the packets. Since I am getting attacked from multiple IP Adresses, is there anyway to stop this?

Or do I just have to wait until the attacker is stopping it?

Thank you for your thoughts!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • Thank you for the tipp! After a call to the rapid response team, they competent and nicely told me the same like RaveNet, Firewall is doing its job, i shall watch my internal Logs from my servers for auth. attempts (since i turned off rdp NAT, ther are non anymore) and can do nothing.

Since a lot of these attacks are autmatical it is quite common that your firewall/IP adress is trying to be attacked and the Firewall makes its job.

Good to know that there is a rapid respones team if there would be a real security break, issue and at least at my phone call sophos team sounds like doing a good job.

Children
No Data