This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

License upgrade process is a nightmare

I help with the IT for a small non profit.

On Dec 22, 2023, I attempted to figure out to renew the Sopos firewall license for this small nonprofit. As of today, 1-17-24 – almost a month later – we still have no renewal. We paid for the renewal on 1-10-24.

As of today, the firewall still shows that the license has not been updated and we have not been sent keys to update it.

It should not be this difficult to do this.

There should be an icon to click where you can add a credit card and get your license renewed instantly. Instead in the beginning, I attempted to contact Sophos (if you are bored, go to their website and try to find "renew license")...I finally found a phone number and ended  up getting a person that had no idea what I was talking about. She kept asking for my email address and I kept telling her:

"its the address on the account...you just read it to me"

"no I need your email address"

"The one on the account...that's my email address"

"No I need your email"

"The one on the account...that's my email address"

"No I need YOUR email"

"Please, please, please listen...its the one on the account...."

"Oh...you want to use the one on the account?!?!?"

"Yes!!!!!"

After 30 minutes on the call telling her I just want to renew the license and trying to help her understand, she finally said a reseller would have to contact me.

Days later someone from Sophos sent an email giving us a reseller. 

We paid the reseller yet still no license.

It should not be this difficult.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply
  • From the details shared in your support case, we determined that your device is currently affected by a bug preventing it from obtaining a new license successfully. This will require an RMA. 

We have followed up with our support management teams to ensure your RMA is processed as soon as possible to get you back up and running. 

We appreciate your patience with us in getting this resolved.

Kushal Lakhan
    Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Connect with Sophos Support, get alerted, and be informed.
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
Children
No Data