Alerts about deregistration and stopped Central Services

Hey guys,

I have a question about connecting to Sophos Central.

I have connected my XG Firewall to Sophos Central to try the Central Firewall Manager. After finishing my tests I unregistered it. But now I get a Fresh Alert every day that there is no communication with Sophos Central and also a message that several services have been stopped (I guess these are services were started before to communicate with Central). Is there a way to clear the warning message and "reset" the services?

Thank you in advance!

Parents
  • Hey Sophos-Team,
    Hey Community,

so I tried to deregister again after the Update to SFOS v18 GA just to see if there were made some bugfixes.

The shown stopped Central Services after deregistration were fixed. Thank you. Possibly it was also due to a reboot. At least I can't find anything about it in the "Fixed Issue" section.

But: The warning message that the XG is no longer connected to Central unfortunately still exists. In general, some kind of acknowledgement should be implemented (with options permanent or temporary) to hide this and other messages. If I make the WebAdmin interface of my customers' XGs available over the WAN, for example, it will also show me a warning message all the time. But for us as an IT service provider this is a fast and efficient method if we need to access the systems from outside without connecting via VPN first.

Just see it as a feature request / feedback. ;)

Cheers,

Intrusus
    Sophos Certified Engineer | Sophos Certified Technician

private lab:
    XG firewall with SFOS 18.0.3 MR-3
    Intercept X Advanced (for Server) with EDR EAP latest
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link

• Hey Sophos-Team,
    Hey Community,

so I tried to deregister again after the Update to SFOS v18 GA just to see if there were made some bugfixes.

The shown stopped Central Services after deregistration were fixed. Thank you. Possibly it was also due to a reboot. At least I can't find anything about it in the "Fixed Issue" section.

But: The warning message that the XG is no longer connected to Central unfortunately still exists. In general, some kind of acknowledgement should be implemented (with options permanent or temporary) to hide this and other messages. If I make the WebAdmin interface of my customers' XGs available over the WAN, for example, it will also show me a warning message all the time. But for us as an IT service provider this is a fast and efficient method if we need to access the systems from outside without connecting via VPN first.

Just see it as a feature request / feedback. ;)

Cheers,

Intrusus
    Sophos Certified Engineer | Sophos Certified Technician

private lab:
    XG firewall with SFOS 18.0.3 MR-3
    Intercept X Advanced (for Server) with EDR EAP latest
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link

Children
No Data