This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

savservices.exe running my CPU to capacity

Hi,

As of the last day, savservices.exe (99%) is running my CPU to 100% every time.

This occurs within 5 minutes of startup and even if I stop the process it just starts again at a later time.

I have contacted support, as this is not the first time this has come up in the forums but they have not got back to me yet so I am hoping someone here may be able to assist me.

Details are as follows:

Sophos product:  -- 
Sophos Endpoint Security and Control
Sophos product version:  --
Operating system:
  --  Windows 7

The only thing I can think that I did before this was to run the PC in safe mode, as I am looking for another BSOD issue, and then turn it back on in regular windows mode.

Kind Regards,

Nick

:11471

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Correction, the process is SavService.exe, not how I accidently spelt it Services.

:11473
  • HI NickC

Is this the only machine running with High Usage in the network, running the same configs?

If the configs are very intense then it will use a lot more resources.

With the Sophos Anti-Virus service, if you stop it does the resource usage drop?

You can try the SophosUpdate service with automatic Delayed start. see if that makes a difference.

Are you running any programs that use large files, like AutoCad, or Zip files, or do you have a local database program on the machine?

:)

:11501
  • Next time it happens, if you open up the SAV interface, does it show a scheduled scan to be running?  I've found Windows 7 seems to run the scheduled scans of SAV after bringing a machine out of hibernation.

Jak

:11531
  • Good Day NickC

Please check if your live protection is on, if it is disable it, this should drop your cpu usage. i have experienced this before and disablng live protection solved my issue.

Right click on shield | open sophos | configure anti-virus & HIPs | Sophos Live Protection

un-tick the box., restart the machine.

the cpu usage should drop, savservice should be using between 15-20%

Kind Regards

:11573