This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos AV for Linux prevents Wine Installation

Hello,

I wanted to report an issue and wasn't sure the best place to post it.  I installed Sophos AV for Linux a few weeks ago and things were going well until I noticed that Wine would hang when Play-on-Linux would try and create and configure a new Wine prefix.  I removed both Wine and POL.  On attempting to reinstall, apt would hang on unpacking the file wine1.6-i386:i386 from the official repo.  I then used the official WineHQ PPA and the same thing happened on install this time with the file wine-stable-i386:i386.  After turning off the on access scanning portion of Sophos I was able to install with no issues.  I have left it off since.  I just wanted you guys to know that your product seems to cause issues with Wine installation and function.

I originally posted this in the forums for Linux Mint as I am running Mint 18.2.  Here is the post for more details:

https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=250354

Cheers,

Jay

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • hello  

Thanks for the post. I can chat to the development team about the issues with Wine. Can you also contact support in the bottom right with this information so we can attribute it to you and track it correctly. If we then have a future fix then we can contact you straight away.

Thanks 

Mark 

• hello  

Thanks for the post. I can chat to the development team about the issues with Wine. Can you also contact support in the bottom right with this information so we can attribute it to you and track it correctly. If we then have a future fix then we can contact you straight away.

Thanks 

Mark 

Children