This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos encryption problem

Hello,

In our company, we have a policy of encrypting PCs with Sophos Encryption. Everything was going smoothly until last week. The PCs were initially encrypted with BitLocker in AES 128 by Windows. Consequently, I disabled the encryption, and then I integrated the PCs into the encryption policy in Sophos. Sophos took over and received the BitLocker key, but it did not encrypt the workstation; it remains in "Not encrypted" status. Secondly, one of the computers was restarted, and Windows is requesting the BitLocker key. I tried using the key from Sophos Central, but it doesn't work (the computer is marked as "Not encrypted", but I can see the BitLocker key). We also tried using the original BitLocker key (which Windows encrypts automatically), but that doesn't work either.

Thanks for the replys !

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Louis,

Thanks for reaching out to the Sophos Community Forum.

I'd suggest checking the encryption policy you have assigned to the devices to ensure the policy tells the devices to begin encrypting. 

If the devices were encrypted previously using Bitlocker, once Sophos is installed, the devices will begin reporting to Sophos Central, including any existing recovery keys stored locally. 
    Regarding the device you're experiencing issues with, I'd suggest checking the "Encryption Recovery Key Search" option under Global Settings, to see if any previous keys are listed. 

Kushal Lakhan
    Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Connect with Sophos Support, get alerted, and be informed.
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
  • Hi Louis,

Thanks for reaching out to the Sophos Community Forum.

I'd suggest checking the encryption policy you have assigned to the devices to ensure the policy tells the devices to begin encrypting. 

If the devices were encrypted previously using Bitlocker, once Sophos is installed, the devices will begin reporting to Sophos Central, including any existing recovery keys stored locally. 
    Regarding the device you're experiencing issues with, I'd suggest checking the "Encryption Recovery Key Search" option under Global Settings, to see if any previous keys are listed. 

Kushal Lakhan
    Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Connect with Sophos Support, get alerted, and be informed.
    If a post solves your question, please use the "Verify Answer" button.
    The New Home of Sophos Support Videos!  Visit Sophos Techvids
Children
No Data