This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos Safeguard

Hi,

I have a number of Desktop PC's and Laptops that are at remote locations that don't require to be on our Domain as they are running Citrix.

We have been told to get them to work with Sophos Safeguard, we will need to import the certificate in the 'Personal' section of 'Certificates'.

The above has been tried with no success, can anyone help or suggest anything I am missing?

Kind regards, Dan Petford

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Dan - Although they're not on the domain, are you treating them like domained machines?

Does your SafeGuard server have a secondary DMZ server, or is the primary server accessible to them (via public/VPN etc..)

They can work with Sophos but they either have to have access to the server, or treated as standalone clients. With the standalone clients you can create a package configuration file to apply to the client that contains the policies, but the key backup location would have to be stored somewhere for the recovery of the device - ideally somewhere centrally and obviously not stuck on the client! 

• Yes, we do have a secondary server in dmz (well port forwarded actually, but same end result) – that’s what allows the remote domain-joined PC’s to sync with safeguard. Just to clarify that remote domain computers are fine, just the workgroup ones that won’t connect.

I did find that the local machine required a password, so have set one, and it started to initialise, however it still doesn't connect to the server, and the status is a Guest now.

• Yes, we do have a secondary server in dmz (well port forwarded actually, but same end result) – that’s what allows the remote domain-joined PC’s to sync with safeguard. Just to clarify that remote domain computers are fine, just the workgroup ones that won’t connect.

I did find that the local machine required a password, so have set one, and it started to initialise, however it still doesn't connect to the server, and the status is a Guest now.

Children