Important note about SSL VPN compatibility for 20.0 MR1 with EoL SFOS versions and UTM9 OS. Learn more in the release notes.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Very low speed on speedtest.com

Hello! I need help. i have very low speed site speedtest.com showed 15mb/s download and 10 mb/s upload. My Provider give me 50mb/s... About my device: Sophos Firmware Version SFOS 17.1.3 MR-3. Install on virtual machine VMware ESXI 6.0. 

For info: 1)Total Available WAN Bandwidth 100000

Bandwidth Usage
Priority 	Guarantee(KBps) 	 Limit(KBps) 
------------------------------------------------------------------
       0 	       0.00		      0.00    
       1 	       0.00		      0.00    
       2 	       0.00		      0.00    
       3 	       0.00		      0.00    
       4 	       9.75		  79872.00    
       5 	       2.00		  40000.00    
       6 	       0.00		      0.00    
       7 	       0.00		      0.00    
       7 	       1.00		 100000.00 (Default Policy)
Total    	      12.75		 219872.00   

This values constantly changing.

2) Intrusion Prevention>DoS Attacks>TCP flood is No, UDP flood is No. All paramets is No.

3) In DoS & Spoof Protection>TCP flood and UDP flood flag is not set.
Attack Type Source Destination
Packet rate per
Source
(Packet/min)
Burst rate per
Source
(Packet/sec)
Apply
Flag
Source
Traffic
Dropped
Packet rate per
Destination
(Packet/min)
Burst rate per
Destination
(Packet/sec)
Apply
Flag
Destination
Traffic
Dropped
SYN Flood       0       0
UDP Flood       0       0
TCP Flood       0       0
ICMP/ICMPv6 Flood       0       0
Dropped Source Routed Packets - - - - - -  Yes -
Disable ICMP/ICMPv6 Redirect Packet - - - - - -  Yes -
ARP Hardening - - - - - -   -

Which settings do i need to show? Sorry for my English...

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

what happens when you try this site speedof.me? What are your rules and do you have any traffic shaping policies in place? Try speedtest.net as well.

How are you connected to the XG, WIFI or LAN?

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.1 MR-1 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Dmitry,

To troubleshoot this issue, refer to #4 in my TS Guide. Alongside, you can check the bandwidth that the XG firewall is receiving, by executing the wget command and downloading a file. Try the following command in the advance shell and show us the output.

wget --no-check-certificate <fqdn to a download file>

Thanks,

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hello!

I checked my speed in site speedof.me and result: Latency 102 ms, Max Download 6.42 Mbps and Upload 18.27 Mbps. Test server is Frankfurt 1. This site showing speed from my provider to frankfurt server. It is not what i need. I need to see speed from my router to provider server. Therefore I use speedtest.net! Provider promises me 40 Mpbs channel speed. And really when i connect from my laptop ethernet port in their (ISP) link directly. I saw about 50 mbps. But through firewall not more 15 mbps download...

I dont have any rules and politicies, this rules are present, but not me. Intrusion prevention - none. Web policy - none, apllication control - none. I connected to the XG - LAN.

• Hi! I saw your guide.I used command show network interfaces. And there were no errors and dropped packets. I didt try all options in your guide, later Im all do it.

Question, for example, can you show me what i should will write here <fqdn to a download file> . Full command please!

• Hi,

speedof.me is pproviding you with your actual bandwidth available. Speedtest.net is not as reliable from my experience.

Please post a copy of your rules and your network configuration.

Ian

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

• Rules, if i understand you correctly - this is Firewall rules?

On this screenshot you can see "6 option" - Clientless Access. I'm clientless user. Below i attach screen of clientless rules. clientless users haven't any rules.

And what do you mean - network configuration, what exactly are you interested in?

• Hi,

thank you for posting those shots.

A minor item, your DNS rule should be at the top.

I am not sure why you have the drop rule for your WAN interface, seems a bit of a waste.

On your network configuration you have two entries, one for 10,000,000,000 and the other for 1,000,000,000 I suspect this will be causing you some grief. The LAN one should be 1gb/s and depending on what you WAN is plugged into but would suspect it should be 100mb/s.

Ian

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

• Omg.. my problem is solved.. Problem was be in Traffic shaping for users... Ty guys!

• Thank you Dmitry for the update, QoS (traffic shaping) was the first point to check in #4 of my suggested troubleshooting guide.

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.