This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Access to user portal from internet

Hello together,

after upgrading from ASG 8.305 to UTM 9 and configuring HTML5 VPN I wanted to test the access to the user portal from internet. But it doesn't work. I see the request in the live log but it's denied by "Default DROP". I can access the user portal from internal network only.

I wanted to check if the "Listen Adress" is set correctly. But looking under "Administration | User Portal | Advanced" I can only set the listening port but not the ip adress. I see the field description but no field to change it.

Another hint in this forum is to disable the "Web Application Security". I don't have this feature activated.

How can I change the listening adress of the user portal?

Kind Regards

TheExpert

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • If the field didn't appear after clearing the browser cache, it sounds like you might have a failed installation.  In your situation, I would confirm that the checksum of the downloaded ISO is correct, burn a new CD at 4x or slower and reload from that CD.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello,

the MD5 is correct. I' don't think the reinstallation of UMT 9 will help but I will try it.

Result:

Thanks to VMware Hypervisor (ESXi 5.0) it was very easy and fast to reinstall UTM 9 [[:)]].

After the new installation I cancelled the initialisation wizard and first looked at the user portal options. After activating the portal I was able to change the setting of the listening IP address [[:)]].

Then I imported my config backup that I made shortly before reinstalling the UTM. Looking again for changing the listening IP address I'm not able to change it anymore [:(].

The configuration of the UTM was imported from ASG 8.305 when I updated to UTM 9. This is the recommended way of Sophos / Astaro, isn't it?

Regards

TheExpert

Kind Regards

TheExpert

• Hello together,

is there a solution for the issue after importing an asg 8.x config backup into UTM 9 there's no possibility to change the listening IP field for the user portal?

Thank you

TheExpert

Kind Regards

TheExpert

Reply Children
  • I also installed UTM9 with a backup from 8.305. No problem with setting the Port for the User-Portal.
    I had many fields missing / could not change them when my language was set to German.
    Setting the language to English solved my problem.

What language are you using?

The German Translation ist definitely broken.