This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

XG L2TP VPN Disconnection Notification - Delete - question posted in the XG Community

I typically connect to multiple XG firewalls using a L2TP connection. Issue is when I disconnect I get an email alert that the session was terminated (I know, I terminated the connection). As an MSP, I get alerts for a lot of things, and this seems entirely unnecessary. The thing is, in the XG's...System Services...Notification List section there is a sub-section for controlling notifications on various VPN activities:

There is no option for controlling notifications for L2TP - IPSec connections, and apparently the options for SSL VPN are not covering these.
Seems that there needs to be additional options for L2TP and IPSec connections. I have spoken with support in the past and it became a dead end. Can't remember if Sophos has a place for feature requests where I can add it an wait years for it never to be implemented.

Getting these alerts is unnecessary and annoying, and just adds to the noise.

Lonnie

Could not delete.
[locked by: BAlfson at 7:22 PM (GMT -7) on 19 Sep 2022]
Parents Reply Children