This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Configure ACC on VMWare - Home Environment-

So I was able to get VMWare installed on my Mac Mini in my home environment, the problem is I can't see to get any external connectivity.

My question is how are the Network Adaptors supposed to be setup on the Mini?  

My home environment is setup like this:

External Static IP coming into my house. I have forwarded ports 4433, 4443 (I changed from 4422), and 4444 to the physical device running the VMWare session.  So whenever any traffic comes to my static IP on any of those ports it is routed to my Mac Mini running VMWare ACC 8.003.

I have also created a DNS entry on my domain called accvm.domain.com that points to my static IP address.

I have tested this setup with an Amazon EC2 image and it works fine, so there is something I am missing with the VMWare NICs.  Should they be NAT or Bridge, etc.  If someone could give me a general lesson on how to configure I'd appreciate it.

Thanks

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • From the little bit of playing I have done in that environment you will need the NICs in bridge mode otherwise the ACC will have the same IP as the MAC mini.

Ian

XG115W - v20.0.2 MR-2 - Home

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• I know very little about VMware, but I have the V9 beta in a VM set up with the Internal interface on a NIC with "NAT" and the External on one that's "Bridged."

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • They are both set to bridged.  I setup the internal IP to 192.168.1.15 and assigned the external WAN to my static IP at my house.  I have the forwarded the ports 4422, 4444, (really anything Astaro related) to the physical server that it is on, but that isn't working.

Maybe I need to port forward to the virtual machine instead?
  • Hi,
    you will need to add DNAT rules to get the external traffic to the ACC IP address.
    Then you will need to allow the external "any" to access your ACC in networks.

Ian

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

• Can you expand on DNAT rule?  I just have the stock uverse router and I can only seem to add a specific port TCP/UDP, I don't see DNAT anywhere??
  • Hi,
    I am a bit puzzled as to why you are setting up an ACC at home when you aren't even running a Astaro ASG/UTM at home?

An ACC is a ASG/UTM management tool.

Ian

XG on VM 8 - v21 EAP

• We are a reseller and it is to manager our companies implementations.  I will be setting up an ASG at my home but haven't gotten around to it yet.
  • you will need the NICs in bridge mode otherwise the ACC will have the same IP as the MAC mini.