This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

uploaded wrong firmware version

Hi,

A bit early this morning, so I accidentally uploaded the fimware version 7.502 to the Astaro Control Center (2.1). Thinking this was the place to upload the device updates. Management -> Up2date. 
As I know now.  It is not the place. But now I am stuck with the situation:

Current firmware version: 2.100
Latest available firmware version: 7.502

I haven't hit the update now button, not wanting to does so either, but how do I remove it from the ACC [:S]

Note: a bit wierd that it accepts and display's it as well. Would be nice to have a block for this. [:P]

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • *omg*

Life is full of surprises [:D]

To help you out of this mess, please login via console or SSH to your ACC and execute the following commands as root:

# rm -f /var/up2date/sys/*
    # rm -f /var/up2date/sys-install/*

After a while the display should be correct again.

Regards,
    Henning
  • I know. I had the *omg* also!
    little adjustment to your script ( because the update in sys-install is a folder): 

rm -f /var/up2date/sys/*
    rm -R /var/up2date/sys-install/*

Thanx for that. fixed it.
    [:)]
  • Apart from the little snafu ... does your ACC have access to the Internet? In that case it would download the correct Up2Date package automatically.
  • thanx for that. been busy with alot of thinks, so this slipt my mind. 
    Added extra rule in the firewall (which is in front of it). and it can access internet now. Will help a lot for downloading it [:)]

One more question about ACC, is there a way to set the agent IP?
  • You mean for SSO access?

There is a setting within Management >> Registration of the Gateway Manager GUI where you can select the SSO mode. You can choose between private or public IP of the Agent or opt to use a DNS name for connection.
  • Yes the SSO. (What does it mean, no reference in the help?)
    Choice : Agent IP, Public IP, Hostname, Manual URL.
    Whatever I chose the agent IP is always ***.***.***.24.

Our network is 16 IP's twice. so to subnets.
    block 1: ***.***.***.32-47
    block 2: ***.***.***.16-31
    Not a nice block, we have to mask it with a /26 instead of a 27. There are 2 broadcast and network addresses. But thats what you get when you start to small.
    Our firewall is in the first block. The ACC in the second. Somehow our main firewall (ip = 46) always shows up in the ACC as IP 24. We use that for something else.
    It would be nice to be able to set the IP to a fixed value.

How to fix it?
  • Hi,

not a problem. Just choose Manual URL and you can enter your fixed IP value. 

Or, you can specify a more complex URL containing a different port than 4444. In that case just put in:

https://your-fixed-ip-value:XYZ

Short explanation regarding the other values:

• SSO Mode "Agent IP"

• the SSO connect is made using the "private/direct" IP which the ACC perceives when the ASG establishes a management connection
      • this is most often the internal IP address of the device, except when other firewalls are in-between the ASG and ACC and potentially masquerade the source IP
      • the port is automatically detected from the WebAdmin of the connecting settings, but might not work if there is DNAT in between (use manual URL in this case)

• SSO Mode "Public IP"

• the SSO connect is made using the "public/deducted" IP of the ASG in question
      • this IP is deducted when the device queries our Up2Date Servers for its potential geographical location
      • if that request fails, the IP is set to be the same as the "Agent IP"
      • the port is automatically detected from the WebAdmin of the connecting settings, but might not work if there is DNAT in between (use manual URL in this case)

• SSO Mode "Hostname"

• the SSO connect is made using a hostname or dynamic DNS name

• SSO Mode "Manual URL"

• freeform entry as described above
        • https://hostname-or-ip-address
        • https://1.2.3.4:4432

Hope that sheds some light on the functionality.

Please do not hesitate to come back to us should you have any more questions.

Kind regards,
        Henning
      • Ok, I now have https://***.***.***.45
        Name: firewall Public IP: ***.***.***.46
        Org. Unit: Global FQHN: firewall.publicdomain.nl

Still the agent IP does not change. disabled and re-enabled the CC service on firewall.
        To be clear, it does work in all situations. It's my perfection wanting it to change [;)]
      • Hi,

could be that the agent connects to your ACC using another outgoing interface or is routed via additional masquerading firewalls. Is the .24 IP assigned to the device which connects to the ACC or does any other device in between the ASG in question and the ACC use the .24 address?

In any case, you cannot influence the agent IP address as perceived by the ACC. It results from the socket connection peer information.

Cheers,
        Henning
      • Yes , that can be. No problem, I leave it like this. Thank you for your helpfull input! [:)]