Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Upload shaping - what is wrong in my configuration

hi Community!

I have a problem with setting up traffic shaping on my UTM. I want to restrict the bandwidth for my Synology Diskstation, especially the upload bandwidth to my Amazon and Google Drives. I also read a few forum posts that describes how it's done. But still my Diskstation is using more upload bandwidth than I set up on my UTM. Here are my settings and I'll be happy if someone could give me a hint what I did wrong.

Here is the definition of the source server (my Diskstation):

Here are the QoS settings:

The external interface:

I also put the setting to the internal interface ... just in case:

As mentioned above ... it's doesn't work. [:'(]My Diskstation still uses more bandwidth than it should.
So, what am I doing wrong?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents Reply Children
  • Hi schin, can you please elaborate on the thinking involved in your suggestion because I have never been able to throttle incoming traffic on external interface and vice versa by using bandwidth pools.

• The trick is that you have to assign the Down/Up speeds of the External interface to the Up/Down (opposite) speeds of the Internal interface.

But you're right, Bill, if someone's downloading from a connection that can fill your pipe, it's sometimes not possible to get that limited upstream from you.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA