This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with p2p/Emule I made screenshot with configuration, please check.

Hi to all,
I have problems with Astaro configuration for Emule. If I test the ports in Emule i got a empty site:

I have test in the last 3 days several configurations and I have read here all post about UDP and Emule Issue. I realy have problems to solve this Issue.
I hope somebody can give me some helping hands. I appreciate any responds.

Here I made screenshot with my configurations:

If I test my TCP Port 5555 with port scanner I got "success open port".
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards
Elena

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,
    By 'Any-Any-Any', I hope you haven't completely opened the firewall.

Barry
  • Okey now I have test it with the default ports from emule (TCP=4662/UDP=4672), I think this all don't work with a Astaro Firewall. I think something doesn't work correctly.
    Can please tell me somebody that have configured Astaro for Emule. How he configure the Astaro.
    I have test many conf's and rule's, tryed open diffrent ports, both and only one way, create some NAT and Masquerade, all without success. I think this all don't work with Astaro. Can somebody confirm that the Emule Port test here give positive answer?
    http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?rm=porttest&tcpport=4662&udpport=4672&lang=1033&l=1
    The RED numbers are the configured ports in Emule.
    For me the test is allways negativ.

Only if I create this rule:

The Port Test and Emule works correctly.

btw. I have configured in Astaro many Rules for many different Services, Webcam Stream, Webhosting, VOIP, I didn't have problems like this, but this Issue with Emule here makes me really confuse. [;)]

Namaste
    Elena
  • Hi Elena,

I AM using eMule, and the test works fine.

However, after some slowness before, I followed the advice from the eMule site and changed my ports as it's likely my ISP was limiting them. You may need to do the same.
    I'm using 54662 & 54672 in the eMule client.

Here's how I have Astaro setup:

Service Definitions:

eMule 1 TCP 1:65535 → 54662 alt port for incoming nat
    eMule 2 UDP 1:65535 → 54672 alt port for incoming nat

I have DNAT's for each of the above:
    Traffic selector: Any→eMule 1→External (Address)
    Destination translation: pc   eMule 1

Traffic selector: Any→eMule 2→External (Address)
    Destination translation: pc   eMule 2

More Service Definitions used for outgoing traffic and QOS:
    eMule QOS1 TCP 1024:65535 → 4662
    eMule QOS2 UDP 1:65535 → 4672
    eMule QOS3 UDP 1024:65535 → 4665
    eMule QOS4 TCP 1024:65535 → 4661
    eMule QOSout TCP/UDP 4762 → 1:65535

Then, there is a Service Group ('eMule') containing ALL 7 defs.

In PacketFilter, I have ONE rule for incoming eMule:
    ANY->pc->eMule

I also have an outgoing rule to allow all traffic (for other reasons) out from the LAN, but allowing the 'eMule' service group might be enough, e.g. PC->ANY->eMule

Optional:
    Under QOS, I have a Selector 'eMule':
    Any→eMule→Any
    and a Pool containing eMule, the built-in eDonkey2000, and BitTorrent, with guaranteed bandwidth=4kbps.

Barry
  • @BarryG

Thank you very, very, very much for helping me. [;)]
    I've made same configurations you recommend, and I will try if eMule work correctly.
    At the first I can connect to the Server's.
    Now I need to configure Emule in detail about IP-Filter, AntiLeech....

The only question I have at the moment is, why the Internal Port Test from programm Emule didn't work. I got empty page (the ports in screen isn't right, I take the same screen from my first post.):

Did you have same Issue.
    Best regards
    Elena
  • Hi Marco, mea culpa for my late respond, I was sleeping.

You are welcome. So I am late to, because I was skiing yesterday. It was wonderful [[;)]]

H
    I have wrote I will donate for any help, I will donate for Haiti I hope this is ok for you Marco. 

This is a good idea, they need it more than I.

Now I need to configure Emule in detail about IP-Filter, AntiLeech....

As far as I know, antileech is not possible with the firewall (but normally I use the ASG in a corporate environment and there we dont need emule [[;)]]

Yours
    Marco
  • Hi, no my test page doesn't look like that; I get a success on both ports.

One more thing you should do is look at the IPS log to see if it's blocking anything.

Barry