This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Problem with p2p/Emule I made screenshot with configuration, please check.

Hi to all,
I have problems with Astaro configuration for Emule. If I test the ports in Emule i got a empty site:

I have test in the last 3 days several configurations and I have read here all post about UDP and Emule Issue. I realy have problems to solve this Issue.
I hope somebody can give me some helping hands. I appreciate any responds.

Here I made screenshot with my configurations:

If I test my TCP Port 5555 with port scanner I got "success open port".
Thank you very much in advance.
Best regards
Elena

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi Marco

Now I've understand how need edit the packets rules.
    I have test it the whole night some configurations. [;)]
    The problem is exactly what you say before, I need open all ports the edonkey-server needs.

I think it's not really logic and very conformable, the servers need so many different ports. I don't belive that I need all ports?
    I've read in a Emule FAQ, in "preferences.ini" exist a variable:
    ServerUDPPort=65535

(65535 means a random port)
    Here I can configure a UDP port for talking with all Emule Server's.
    Maybe I misunderstand this option, for me it doesn't make any change, if I open and forward "ServerUDPPort" port. The edonkey-servers talk over his ports.

I definitively need to open all ports from edonkey-servers.
    But why, I would like to learn and understand.
    I would like to know why I need to open in Astaro all ports from the Emule Servers to talk with them.
    In other Firewalls I don't need to configure it.
    Best regards
    Elena
  • Hi Elena

Now I've understand how need edit the packets rules.

Very good!

I think it's not really logic and very conformable, the servers need so many different ports. I don't belive that I need all ports?

Thats true it's not very easy because of all this ports. 

But why, I would like to learn and understand.
    I would like to know why I need to open in Astaro all ports from the Emule Servers to talk with them.

I think it is based on the emule protocol. Normal services are fixed on one port (example: http -->port 80) These are well knowen services (and also located under the port 1024 (additinonal info: http://www.iana.org/assignments/port-numbers ). Emule is not a well knowen service. So every server admin can change this ports. (Ok you also can run http on port 234 but it make no sense). providers often block file sharing ports (we did this a few years ago when I was working for an isp). When your provider blocks the typical emule port you must change them and this makes your firewall config more complicated.

In other Firewalls I don't need to configure it.

On a fortigate you have to allow these services to.

Yours
    Marco
  • Hi Marco, mea culpa for my late respond, I was sleeping.
    Yes I understand the problem about , blocking port from ISP.
    Unfortunately if I change the default Emule ports, I need more configuration in Astaro. I will ask in EMule Board for more information.
    Now for me is clear what I need to configure. The key in my problem was the 
    "any==>any==>any" rule and Live-Packetfilter.
    This helps me allot. 
    I have wrote I will donate for any help, I will donate for Haiti I hope this is ok for you Marco. 
    Thank you again very much for your help. I will search more infos about Emule and Astaro and write it here in this thread.
    If I will need more help about Astaro I will write it here.
    Namaste
    Elena
    btw. Have a good start in the week!
    Yes I understand the problem about , blocking port from ISP.
    Unfortunately if I change the default Emule ports, I need more configuration in Astaro. I will ask in EMule Board for more information.
    Now for me is clear what I need to configure. The key in my problem was the 
    "any==>any==>any" rule and Live-Packetfilter.
    This helps me allot. 
    I have wrote I will donate for any help, I will donate for Haiti I hope this is ok for you Marco. 
    Thank you again very much for your help. I will search more infos about Emule and Astaro and write it here in this thread.
    If I will need more help about Astaro I will write it here.
    Namaste
    Elena
    btw. Have a good start in the week!
Children

You are welcome. So I am late to, because I was skiing yesterday. It was wonderful [[;)]]

H

This is a good idea, they need it more than I.

Now I need to configure Emule in detail about IP-Filter, AntiLeech....

As far as I know, antileech is not possible with the firewall (but normally I use the ASG in a corporate environment and there we dont need emule [[;)]]

Yours
    Marco