This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Call quality issues with Teams

We just moved to Teams. Calls/meeting inside our network have choppy video/voice quality. People outside the network have no issues. Only if the traffic traverses the UTM does it have issue.

Does anyone have a writeup on how to configure the UTM so it doesn't mess with Teams traffic?

Thanks!

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • L'UNICA SOLUZIONE PER ME  è STATA QUELLA DELLA DISABILITAZIONE Protezione contro il flooding UDP

• Ciao Luca and welcome to the UTM Community!

It would be interesting to see an extract of the Intrusion Prevention log when Teams, Zoom or WebEx is active.  That might tell us what Exception was missing.

Cheers - Bob
    PS Thanks for posting in Italiano - reminded me of the time when I lived in Paris and traveled all over France, Germany and northern Italia to participate in scherma competitions. 

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • ITALIANO: HO IMPOSTATO 3 DIVERSE MODALITA' DI ECCEZIONI PERCHE' QUALSIASI COSA FACEVO NEI LOG

RISULTA SEMPRE UN BLOCCO CON IP APPARTENTI A MICROSOFT DIVERSI DA QUELLI INDICATI .

IN ENGLISH:

I SET 3 DIFFERENT EXCEPTION MODES BECAUSE EVERYTHING I DID IN THE LOGS

THERE IS ALWAYS A LOCK WITH IP APARTMENTS IN MICROSOFT DIFFERENT FROM THOSE INDICATED.

• IN ENGLISH:

I SET 3 DIFFERENT EXCEPTION MODES BECAUSE EVERYTHING I DID IN THE LOGS

IT ALWAYS RESULTS A BLOCK WITH IP BELONGING TO MICROSOFT DIFFERENT FROM THOSE INDICATED.

• FormerMember
    0 FormerMember in reply to Luca Sirleto

I solved it as follows (see attachment):

The networks are:

1) 13.107.64.0/18
    2) 52.112.0.0/14
    3) 52.120.0.0/14

The service group included:
    1) TCP/UDP 3478:3481
    2) TCP/UDP 50000:50059

HTTP & HTTPS I just took it fresh today because these ports are also used

But I have to admit that I am not 100% satisfied yet. We still have quality problems again and again

• so the problems are still there ...

YOU GIVE ME CONFIRMATION BY WRITING THIS:

But I have to admit that I am not 100% satisfied yet. We still have quality problems again and again..:

UDP flooding disabled was the only solution for me

• FormerMember

Disable UDP flooding in general or only for certain networks?

Have you looked at my IPS rule again? It differs from hers a little. For example, you make an AND condition and not an OR condition.

Did you also create a firewall rule?

• FormerMember

Disable UDP flooding in general or only for certain networks?

Have you looked at my IPS rule again? It differs from hers a little. For example, you make an AND condition and not an OR condition.

Did you also create a firewall rule?

Children