This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9 Update

Hi all,

Our client want us to update their Sophos UTM 9. It is too outdated. This is what I got from log :

2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: 3. main::perform_work:950() auisys.pl
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: 4. main::auisys_prepare_and_work:555() auisys.pl
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: 5. main::top-level:32() auisys.pl
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: |=========================================================================
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: id="371F" severity="error" sys="system" sub="up2date" name="Fatal: Could not extract tar from gpg: 'Not enough space to unpack package'" status="failed" file="/var/up2date//sys/u2d-sys-9.107033-108023.tgz.gpg" action="install" package="sys"
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]:
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: 1. main::alf:70() auisys.pl
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: 2. main::perform_work:953() auisys.pl
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: 3. main::auisys_prepare_and_work:555() auisys.pl
2017:02:20-17:24:03 SOPHOS-UTM-1 auisys[30523]: 4. main::top-level:32() auisys.pl

In this case, I can see it is out of space and caused the update pack couldn't unpack to update the UTM 9. Is it possible to increase the space size?

Thanks

Razzif

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hi,

So this need to be run under Putty SSH? I'm actually still new in this. Not sure what this code is. Can you explain what is this code mean? I need to understand it first before performing.

Thanks

• the first one is to make a directory. The second one is to move the files in to it so you have room to run the updates.

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi,

Does the second command will move everything to new directory? If so, the old directory will be empty right? So, how can I update after that?

Thanks

• Hi Razzif,

All the commands are executed taking the shell access via putty. Refer this KBA for more information.

The commands suggested by me in the previous post are basic Linux; mkdir = make directory, mv = move. You can always google the commands.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi Sachin,

you missed the point of his last post. If he moves all the files into the new directory what will be left to execute because the directory will be empty.

XG115W - v20 GA - Home

XG on VM 8 - v20 GA

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi,

If I run take command, the old directory will be empty.

Now the current version  firmware is 9.107-33. It's too old.

So, the next firmware is Version 9.109-1. Sophos Support said need to update it one by one.

So, the next step i need to move the firmware pack Version 9.109-1 back to old directory?

I need to know the flow first before performing it.

Thanks.

• Hi Razzif, 

I have edited my suggested answer, please check that and follow the steps.

Thanks

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Hi all,

I have found the SOLUTION!!!!

Here is what I did based on the guide that you guys have give :

1) Backup.

2) Create/Make the folder in new directory first at dev/sda7.

SSH Command : mkdir /var/log/up2datesys;

3) Move the all the update package to other directory which is dev/sda7 with location var/log/up2datesys

SSH Command : mv /var/up2date/sys/* /var/log/up2datesys/;

Previous Directory is dev/sda6. The size is already 97%.

4) Then run the command df -h to check current storage in dev/sda6 and dev/sda7.

5) Download the package from Astaro Gateway FTP then upload it at WebAdmin - Management > Up2date > Advanced.

6) After upload it, logout the WebAdmin and Login back. The Update package is available for installation/Unpack.

7) Install or schedule it.

8) Since there is many package need to be install, I upload it one by one, then install one package in every hour. It is for play safe because I scare if our client Server is running slow due to many up2date package.

Now the current version is 9.205-12. Previous version that i having issue is 9.103-11

I will keep updating it until the current version. Need to do it slowly.

Thanks

• Sachin's suggestion on the prior page is faster and easier:

1. Run dh -f to find a partition with adequate space to hold the Up2Date files temporarily.
    2. Move the Up2Date files to a new sub-directory created in the partition you chose.
      1. cd /var/up2date/sys
      2. mkdir /var/log/up2datesys
      3. mv * /var/log/up2datesys
    3. Move a few of the oldest files back to /var/up2date/sys from the new sub-directory.
      1. mv /var/log/up2datesys/u2d-sys-9.1* ./
    4. Apply those Up2Dates (/sbin/auisys.plx --rpmargs --force).
    5. Move a few more of the oldest files back to /var/up2date/sys from the new sub-directory.
      1. mv /var/log/up2datesys/u2d-sys-9.2* ./
    6. Apply those Up2Dates (/sbin/auisys.plx --rpmargs --force).
    7. Etc with 9.3 and 9.4.
    8. Remove the empty sub-directory (rd /var/log/up2datesys).

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA