This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

web admin will not come up

I have a dell optiplex 7010 with the following hardware

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570 CPU @ 3.40GHz
8 gig ddr 3 ram
Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter
230 gig hard drive

I cannot bring up the web admin page on the pc I have tried on the physical computer as well as trying on a different desktop with vmware.. I go the the https://192.168.2.100:4444 and it does not connect. I have tried it in vmware workstation 12 and I get the same problem. I have selected 2 cpu cores, 8 gigs memory, store in single file, 120 gb virtual disk, and 2 network adapters ( i have tried NAT and Bridged , tried vmnet 0 and 8. ). I Do not know what to try next. any suggestions?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Which ISO are you installing?  Have you checked the md5sum?  In VMware, did you use VMXNET3 adapters?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I am using 9.4 . I made sure to download the software and not the hardware version.  I have a Intel Pro /1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter. I works great in windows 7 and 10.  I have Set up the Dell hardware I am using for Sophos UTM 9 with a 60 gig SSD. I went through the install and made sure I configured the time, country, and state as well as took note of the Ethernet adapters. They were listed as:

ETH0 Intel Ethernet Controller

ETH1 Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter

ETH2 Intel Pro/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter

I chose the ETH1 for Webadmin And the Ip was left at the default (192.168.2.100.). I removed the cd, and rebooted. I left the Ethernet connection for my Internet Unconnected to the Dell with Sophos UTM 9.4. I connected a cable to the Dell and tried to connect using 192.168.2.100:4444 and https://192.168.2.100:4444. It brought up a timeout error in firefox.( I am using version 47. I also tried In Internet Explorer and Chrome- connection errors too. I tried all 3 ports on the dell with several computers and I was not able to bring up the WebAdmin Portal. The computers I tried were windows 7 Pro, Window 7 home premium, and Windows 10 Pro. I have DSL Connection for Internet, 20 Meg down 2 meg up. The Interface to my Modem/router is 192.168.0.1. I tried to change the settings in the control panel on the connections to bypass proxy( I do not have a proxy running) and to bypass internal network. I also tried to set the network adapters to a static IP (192.168.2.2, subnet 255.255.255.0).I also tried it left to connect automatically(DHCP). I figured the DHCP would not work because it was not setup yet. I am unable to connect with a static Ip, DHCP, or changed settings in the internet connection options in the control panel. Any suggestions?

• I get this error when trying to connect. ERR_PROXY_CONNECTION_FAILED
  • I get this error when I try to connect to the following IP adresses; 192.168.0.1 192.168.2.100 192.168.1.1 Here is the error in Firefox. the one listed above is for chrome. ERR_ADDRESS_UNREACHABLE Any suggestions on what to do now?
  • I would try the other Ethernet connections and double-check that you have the networking settings that you intended.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I have tried all other connections with a switch as well as a direct connection. I checked my web browsers to make sure that SSL was enabled. Any suggestions?
  • Hi John,

Just checking if you managed to get it working? I have the same problem which I have been trying to access the admin page with no success.

• Hi Johnhaken,

Are you able to ping the UTM IP address? If yes, then are you able to take the SSH too?

If SSH is possible then execute,

/etc/init.d/httpd restart

/var/mdw/scripts/httpproxy restart

tcpdump -nei any port 4444, post the output.

Hope that helps.

Sachin Gurung
    Team Lead | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.