This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

root partition is filling after update to 7.3

Hey everybody,

after i updated to version 7.3 my root partition is filling up till 100%. And then my astaro does not work very well, with a root partition that is full.

does somebody have a solution for this issue?

thanks
redmalte

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents

• after i updated to version 7.3 my root partition is filling up till 100%. And then my astaro does not work very well, with a root partition that is full.

My root partition seems okay so far - it's my /var/storage that is out of control.  Last night it hit 100% (I noticed it was at 99% by accident because my notifications had stopped delivering as well), and I managed to get it down to 97% by deleting some things, but it's back to 100% today.

I have a fairly small drive in there - I think it's either 9 or 18 GB, but this is a home-use server with about 5 people using it, so I didn't think it would need to be very big!

Danita
  • And PS - it's been running since October 2007 with no real problems at all - it just seemed to suddenly start!

Thanks.

Danita
  • Out of curiosity, Andreas, are these core dumps occurring because of "crashes," or are they normal? I don't think I've seen any of our systems do this.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• I wouldn't consider any crash "normal" [;)]
    We're currently investigating why it occurs, and so far we were not able to reproduce it. The only thing we can say for sure right now is that it only happens with certain configurations and/or environments, so it only affects a minority of installations.
    Cheers,
     andreas
  • OK, so they're crashes.  The reason I asked if these were "normal" was that I think I've seen a few posts about this... I haven't seen it happen yet on any units I manage, but I'll keep an eye out for it.

CTO, Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC

https://www.convergesecurity.com

Sophos Platinum Partner

--------------------------------------

Advice given as posted on this forum does not construe a support relationship or other relationship with Convergent Information Security Solutions, LLC or its subsidiaries.  Use the advice given at your own risk.

• Seems I have a similar Problem,
    Root-partition filling up to 90%
    after installing Patch 7.301 (yesterday) it droped to 88%.
    Could you tell me whats the name of these Core-dumps
    and where are they located exactly ? 
    I would like to check this first, before getting deeper
    into researching the Problem.

Regards,
    Sarfein
  • Seems I have a similar Problem,
    Root-partition filling up to 90%
    after installing Patch 7.301 (yesterday) it droped to 88%.
    Could you tell me whats the name of these Core-dumps
    and where are they located exactly ? 
    I would like to check this first, before getting deeper
    into researching the Problem.

Regards,
    Sarfein

The 2% usage drop was probably just caused by installation of the 7.301 up2date package, which weighs about 100MB and is removed after successful installation. You can check if you have core dumps in /var/sec/chroot-httpd/var/storage/cores; it is safe to delete the core dumps ( in case there are dumps there).

Cheers,
     andreas
  • Ok hadn't found any core dumps from the httpd engine.

But i found that i have lots of files in the following directory
    /var/storage/chroot-cffd/var/chroot-pop3/var/pop3

Am I wright that this is the prefetch directory from pop3 scanning enigne ? 
    And can i delete the files in this directory after i disabled Prefech Mode 
    the menu Mail Security >> POP3 >> Advanced from POP3 Servers.

Regards,
    Sarfein
  • Data disk is currently at 82% of 27 Gb and growing rapidly after update to 7.300, update to 7.301 has no effect, what is ETA on 7.302, please? 

Also not clear on where to find files to delete.
  • Data disk is currently at 82% of 27 Gb and growing rapidly after update to 7.300, update to 7.301 has no effect, what is ETA on 7.302, please? 

Also not clear on where to find files to delete.

Data Disk != root partition. This is an entirely different issue which can not be solved easily by deleting files.
  • Andreas 

Just had the a system that was upgraded do the same after a week of being fine. Is not coredumps though. Can't find the files
  • All,

After upgrading to 7.302, the disk partion started filling up within the last 24 hours. I did not have this problem with versions 7.300 or 7.301. 

Griff
Reply Children
No Data