Customers might be unable to connect with us via the Sophos Malaysia Support Hotline number. Our teams are actively working on a fix. In the interim, we request customers to use the backup hotline number - +65 3157 5922 (Singapore) or raise a support request at https://support.sophos.com/.

Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can I upgrade Ram SG125 ?

Hi Guys,

I have device Sophos SG125. and i review RAM usage capacity has reached 85%.

Can I increase the RAM capacity of the Sophos SG125?

CPU 2%

RAM 74% of 3.9 GB

Log Disk 15% of 24.6 GB

Data Disk 28% of 18.7 GB

Thank you,

Adam

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Can anyone verify that on the SG125 Rev 3 it is a Intel Atom C3508 or can tell me if lshw or hwinfo are installed on the UTM for command line?

If it is a Intel Atom C3508 it would even be only DDR 1866Mhz

Enable SSH in the UTM and do the following:

• From the Webadmin navigate to Management > System Settings > Shell Access section and enable the shell.
    • Login to the UTM shell using Putty or another SSH client.
    • Set passwords for both loginuser and root users.
    • Login to the shell using the loginuser name.
    • Use the su -- to change to root.
    • From root execute the following commands: 
      • cat /proc/cpuinfo (this confirms the number of installed CPUs). 
    • the output will show the the CPU model
  • Thank you, yes I know, but not really my area. Anyway I did it our of curiosity.

So the RAM indeed is only clocked at 1866Mhz in alignment with the Atom C3508 at 1600Mhz. So the older 2400Mhz modules does make sense.

•  Today I installed Crucial RAM 8GB DDR4 3200MHz CL22 CT8G4DFRA32A for the SG125 Rev3 ( According to "lshw -short -C memory" it has DDR4 and clocks them only at 1866Mhz as stated above) and it seems that it just works fine as expected.

Actually 3200Mhz module was cheaper than older DDR4 2400Mhz modules and they are better than the old specs, but if needed can re-used them somewhere else.

If somebody does tests with ECC modules please let us know. It would be interesting and so much in line with a 24/7 Firewall/server style and supported by the Atom C3508.

So hopefully no more swapping or memory warnings.

Thank you for your support everybody      

• Great to hear that this works!

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Yes you can generally Xg 125 v3 use DDR 4 ram 2400 you can open and check it out