This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Help with Install, Hardware list enclosed

Hello all,

I purchased the following and when I try to install latest UTM version, all I get is a cursor (non blinking) and never starts, nada...  Can someone tell me what bonehead thing I've done?  

Gigabyte b460m motherboard 

I3 10th gen CPU

G Skill AEGIS 8GB SDRAM PC4-25600 DDR4

Crucial 120GB SSD

I have never been able to even get the OS to install using both USB and DVD media, I removed the drive from an old laptop and installed my crucial drive and installed worked without issue, I reinstalled the HD into the desktop I built and no response, the cursor just sits, no blinking no nothing?  I "ASSumed" evidently incorrectly that it would install on what I would consider pretty good hardware?  Any thoughts or ideas? Did I just royally screw up with my hardware selection?  Hardware is the only difference and I can't quite work out why?

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • please make sure you are not trying to boot UEFI, boot legacy, then try it all again.

Also can you boot Linux normally, no UEFI?

XG & UTM Architect (Systems: XG v18 & UTM 9.7 - Virtual, HW & SW)
    Curious enough to take it apart, skilled enough to put it back together, Clever enough to hide the extra parts when I'm Done!

• Hi and thanks for the response.  I tried both boot options and no go.   Will try to reborn an image for Ubuntu and try again...  I just don’t get it so odd, must be my hardware selection is all I can think of.   I pulled my intel 4 port card as well to try and install and nothing then either...

• Hi and thanks for the response.  I tried both boot options and no go.   Will try to reborn an image for Ubuntu and try again...  I just don’t get it so odd, must be my hardware selection is all I can think of.   I pulled my intel 4 port card as well to try and install and nothing then either...

Children