This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Firewall blocking

We have created Site to Site VPN tunneling . Port 443 of the specified IP but cannot access the IP .

The error log say Web protection block how to fix this . I tried adding IP in exception and while list but that doesnot work

How to fix this

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello jprush,

Thanks for reply. Adding Web Protection >> Filtering Options >> Misc >> Transparent Mode Skiplist >>  worked .

When i tried accessing the IP as URL it is downloading the .jnl (jinitialtive file) instead launching the application

• Thanks for reply. Adding Web Protection >> Filtering Options >> Misc >> Transparent Mode Skiplist >>  worked .

When i tried accessing the IP as URL it is downloading the webstart.jnl (jinitialtive file) instead launching the application.

• Hello,

when you can reach that IP behing the tunnel and "something" is happening when you use a browser to access the device carrying that IP, then there is nothing more you can do from the firewall side. Your browser is able to reach that device, basta. The Sophos isn't involved further...

But I have to say something: I tried to tell several times that you shouldn't make it so hard for others to help you.

Out of 100% Information you already have, you give 10% to the forum, which is like we have to use a crystal ball.

We are mainly volunteers here giving help to other users. I would like to use as little effort as possible to help you out.

Regards from Germany,

Philipp

Mit freundlichem Gruß, best regards from Germany,

Philipp Rusch

New Vision GmbH, Germany
    Sophos Silver-Partner

If a post solves your question please use the 'Verify Answer' button.

• Hi Philipp,

Sorry about technical miscommunication and not giving enough information because I am new to Sophos UTM . To brief overall problem I faced  IPSec  tunnel established between site A and Site B.  But the IP of Site B was not accessible from Site A because it was blocked by firewall web filtering . I have added the IP in Transparent Mode skiplist as suggested in this forum. It worked and downloading the .jnl file instead launching the application which is because of java issue assosiated with web browser and application.

The firewall thing is sorted. Thank you for the help

• Hello Dhanalakshmi,

Thank you for the update I marked the answer I provided as correct. 

Regards,

Emmanuel (EmmoSophos)
    Technical Team Lead, Global Community Support
    Sophos Support VideosProduct Documentation  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'Verify Answer' link.