This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disconnect SSL VPN Users (manually)

Hello to all,

Due to the Corona crisis, I have several SSL VPN users who do not log out of the VNP after the work has ended.

How can I disconnect the user manual from the console from the VPN? I use a Sophos UTM SG 330.

Tanke for Help

Marc

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • The only way i know is disable / reenable SSL-VPN.

... or restart the service (don't know the name)

Dirk

Systema Gesellschaft für angewandte Datentechnik mbH  // Sophos Platinum Partner
    Sophos Solution Partner since 2003
    If a post solves your question, click the 'Verify Answer' link at this post.

• Here's the trick, but it has to be done as root at the command line.  At least this worked 8 years ago, so if someone tries this, please post your result back here.

You can list active SSL VPN connections with:

/usr/local/bin/openvpn_connections.sh

To disconnect user schweiger with IP 10.242.2.6:

chroot /var/sec/chroot-openvpn /usr/bin/ras_update.plx ssl disconnect username schweiger 10.242.2.6

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • If you want them all to be logged out at the same time then you can turn off and on again the SSL VPN profile and all active connections will be disconnected.

Managing several Sophos firewalls both at work and at some home locations, dedicated to continuously improve IT-security and feeling well helping others with their IT-security challenges.