Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Disconnecting VPN clients

is there a way to disconnect and refresh the vpn client list?

the problem we are seeing is users that are no longer connected to the vpn are showing up in the executive log, when infact it is a new connection that got assigned the same IP address.

this would also be resolved if we could assign static ip's to certain user's or mac addresses.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I know that 8.3 introduced some VPN Reporting issues, but I just glanced at the KIL, and your issue isn't present.

Have you tried a disable/enable of the SSL VPN?

Cheers - Bob
    PS Organizations with paid subscriptions should contact Astaro Support, but home users can delete an individual name with:
    chroot /var/sec/chroot-openvpn /usr/bin/ras_update.plx ssl disconnect username schweiger 192.168.98.22

Where "schweiger" is the user to delete and "192.168.98.22" is the associated IP.  (See jrichter's KB entry: Remove RAS User from Remote Access view for this and other Remote Access methods.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I know that 8.3 introduced some VPN Reporting issues, but I just glanced at the KIL, and your issue isn't present.

Have you tried a disable/enable of the SSL VPN?

Cheers - Bob
    PS Organizations with paid subscriptions should contact Astaro Support, but home users can delete an individual name with:
    chroot /var/sec/chroot-openvpn /usr/bin/ras_update.plx ssl disconnect username schweiger 192.168.98.22

Where "schweiger" is the user to delete and "192.168.98.22" is the associated IP.  (See jrichter's KB entry: Remove RAS User from Remote Access view for this and other Remote Access methods.)

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children
No Data