Help us enhance your Sophos Community experience. Share your thoughts in our Sophos Community survey.

Forum admins...do you know vb 3.8.6 is now end of life and is a security threat?

It's time to move on..update to a newer version AND fix app access and android access.
Parents
  • Vilic, I like the idea of not having separate language forums, but I would prefer to see more people posting using any of the languages supported in WebAdmin.

Why don't we allow everyone to post in a language they feel comfortable in, and then adding their best English translation or the result of Google Translate.  I occasionally post in the German Forum, but 80% of the time, I can't get my German-thinking brain to work, so I post in English.  Although I can't speak Italian, I can read it well enough that I have responded in English in that forum.  I bet there are a lot of people with similar abilities here.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Vilic, I like the idea of not having separate language forums....

I'd agree with that.

Why don't we allow everyone to post in a language they feel comfortable in, and then adding their best English translation or the result of Google Translate

Is there a rule that disallows localized content to be in any board?

As an example take this post:  https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/68/t/62884

If it was actually posted (still in German) to this board... 

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/58

...wouldn't that mean the question and answer (be it German or not) is best placed to receive an answer?  Shouldn't we encourage posting to the correct board dependent on the product area/component/technology involved, no matter the language?  Rather than 'dump' all questions on a particular language into one place?

I'm working to get the hierarchy of the new boards on the new system correct.  If we can agree to adopt this moving forwards I'd like it.  I'd offer the question to the mods and the German language speakers though.

The site admin has recommended that the Italian board isn't to be migrated over.  However I'm open to 'migrate both boards and lock them down to read only (available for a search but no new content).  Don't exclude localized content from the main boards'.

It's one for the community - their your boards. [:)]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• Vilic, I like the idea of not having separate language forums....

I'd agree with that.

Why don't we allow everyone to post in a language they feel comfortable in, and then adding their best English translation or the result of Google Translate

Is there a rule that disallows localized content to be in any board?

As an example take this post:  https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/68/t/62884

If it was actually posted (still in German) to this board... 

https://community.sophos.com/products/unified-threat-management/astaroorg/f/58

...wouldn't that mean the question and answer (be it German or not) is best placed to receive an answer?  Shouldn't we encourage posting to the correct board dependent on the product area/component/technology involved, no matter the language?  Rather than 'dump' all questions on a particular language into one place?

I'm working to get the hierarchy of the new boards on the new system correct.  If we can agree to adopt this moving forwards I'd like it.  I'd offer the question to the mods and the German language speakers though.

The site admin has recommended that the Italian board isn't to be migrated over.  However I'm open to 'migrate both boards and lock them down to read only (available for a search but no new content).  Don't exclude localized content from the main boards'.

It's one for the community - their your boards. [:)]

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Communities Moderator, SOPHOS
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  |  Video tutorials
    Remember to like a post.  If a post (on a question thread) solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

Children
No Data