This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Blackberry VPN client

Hello,

I installed Vippie SIP client on a Blackberry 9000 (connected to BES 5 server).
Vippie works with a VOIP provider like iptel.org
Now I what to connect Vippie to a SIP server in company LAN, behind a Astaro 7.5.
The Blackberry supports some firewalls for VPN:
Alcatel 7130, Avaya VSU, Checkpoint, Cisco VPN Concentrator 3000, Cisco Secure PIX, Cisco IOS mit Easy VPN Server, Lucent Firewall Brick, NetScreen, Nortel Networks Contivity, Secure Computing Sidewinder, Symantec Raptor -- but no Astaro.
Is the ASL 7.507 VPN compatible to one of the above or does someone know
an Astaro compatible 3rd party VPN client for the Blackberry 9000 ?

Greetings
Markus Wasse

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Have you tried to use one of the Cisco profiles with the Astaro's Remote Access Cisco?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hello Bob,
    thanks. I tried, but I think, the Blackberry can not use a certificate.
    I tried now original "Cisco VPN Client" 4.9.01.0180 on a Macbook with OSX 10.6.4.
    Maybe it is easier to get this running and have later a look on the Blackberry.
    I try to setup a IPSEC connection with "Authentication type" "Preshared key".
    But this will also not connect. Could you help on this? How to connect an
    Cisco VPN client to the Astaro without using a certificate?

Thanks and greetings
    Markus Wasse
  • Cisco VPN Client uses Aggressive Mode when you use PSK authentication. ASG only supports Main Mode, so VPN Client can't be used if you want PSK auth. It's probably best to try each Vendor on your Blackberry with the ASG and see how far you get.
  • Now I what to connect Vippie to a SIP server in company LAN, behind a Astaro 7.5.

Does Vippie support bes connections?  
    if yes: Have you tried to set up vippie to use BES as internet connection instead of BIS? When you use bes, your blackberry will use the encrypted tunnel to the bes server and the bes server will connect to your sip host.
  • Hi Markus

Have you solved your problem. I'm also looking for a solution to get my BB contected to my company using VPN.

Would be great if someone could post updates if available.

Greetings

Psyc
  • HI:
    I'm also looking for the solution to connect my blackberrys VPN client to my ASG
  • So far as I know actually a BB can't connected to an ASG. BB is using IPSEC in aggressive mode, ASG only supports the passive mode.

Hope I don't mistook this information, it's ages ago I've deal with this [;)] ..

Best
    PSyc
  • i posted an article about the VPN configuration of the Z10 with Astaro ASG V8. It is written in german.
    Blackberry Z10 per VPN mit Astaro ASG V8 verbinden | Stephan Nachtsheim's Blog