This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

[8.201] RDNS missing

I saw the other thread but it is locked currently.

I have been noticing a large increase of 'RDNS missing' entries in the Mail Log.

Typically a user sends me a message that they have not been getting mail (often the client sends it from a gmail or such to inform them).  Verify the log and see the RDNS entries.  Pop over to MXToolbox and run their checks and see it labeled as OK on the RDNS check.

So I am at a loss as to why it is occurring.

For example: seagullscientific.invisionzone.com - this is a support forum for label software, it got a RDNS missing despite it appears to be all correct (unless i'm missing something).  Astaro logged it as coming from 208.67.212.34

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • maybe I'm not correct with this guys but this problem is anywhere because of ISP's who maintain the record of the Ip 
    The RDNS problem is not your ASG fault, but the ISP fault. I leave this feature unchecked since i have reuputation ip "on" (Greylisting) 
    I didn't find any spam email from 7 months
  • maybe I'm not correct with this guys but this problem is anywhere because of ISP's who maintain the record of the Ip 
    The RDNS problem is not your ASG fault, but the ISP fault. I leave this feature unchecked since i have reuputation ip "on" (Greylisting) 
    I didn't find any spam email from 7 months
Children
No Data