This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

cannot setup as router

hi, i am new. just use a hp pc setup UTM 9 home , i use three gigabit network for the pc. one is connect to my gigabit switch ,one to my AZTECH DSL8800SR modem(i set it to modem bridge). and i have configure my UTM dialup password. it show both status are down . but my modem have get the ADSL signal. anything i wrong configure.

thanks for guide me step by step.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • Hi, and welcome to the UTM Community!

First, I would confirm that the modem works and that the DSL service works with your PC connected directly to the modem in routing (not bridged) mode.  Once that works, then, leaving the modem in routing mode, try with the External interface set as 'Type: Ethernet' with 'Dynamic IP' checked.  If that works, put the modem in Bridge mode and configure the UTM's interface with 'Type: DSL (PPPO?)'.  Any better luck?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi, and welcome to the UTM Community!

First, I would confirm that the modem works and that the DSL service works with your PC connected directly to the modem in routing (not bridged) mode.  Once that works, then, leaving the modem in routing mode, try with the External interface set as 'Type: Ethernet' with 'Dynamic IP' checked.  If that works, put the modem in Bridge mode and configure the UTM's interface with 'Type: DSL (PPPO?)'.  Any better luck?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
Children