This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HTML5 VPN Web Portal

Hi

I have a webserver running here and I can reach with the HTML 5 VPN Portal.
It shows it's openend in IE but it seems to open a Firefox session inside it.
When I try to open a pop-up, it says it's being blocked by "nightly". I looked this up and it's part of Firefox.
Image:

When I click "Allow pop-ups from this website" the following error appears.
See this image:

The application doesn't need Internet Explorer per se.
But when I open this in any other browser, it returns the same error. It even returns this Firefox error on computers without Firefox installed.
We are able to reach this webpage/pop-up without the vpn on the internal network in any browser.

TL;DR, we just want to allow pop-ups on the HTML5 VPN.

Edit: Put images directly instead of links (however there seems to be an issue with resizing)

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Html5 vpn, to a web resource, will launch an old version of Firefox under the covers.  I do not know how to configure its behavior.

Webserver protection / WAF or SSL VPN  seem preferable as they are actively maintained.

• Hi Thomas and welcome to the UTM Community!

Please Edit your opening post to delete the external links and insert your images into the post. We can't know if that external site is properly protected. The only malware I've gotten in over 10 years was from an external link to a picture in this forum several years ago.  Thanks in advance!

I agree with Doug's suggestion of using WAF (best) or another VPN variant.  The HTML5 VPN is very resource-intensive and should be used rarely.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • Hi

I did upload the pictures as you asked, but it seems to resize a lot. Making it almost unreadable.

• I did find a workaround for this, but not a solution.
    The reason I wanted to allow pop-ups, is because this main page functions as a "dashboard".

For the workaround, I just made a seperate HTML5 VPN portal for each "dashboard" item.

Not a complete solution, I know. But maybe somebody will be helped by this.