This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Phone support, WT*

Where, exactly, am I supposed to get support for the UTM 9? I have been on hold for 40 @#$%^&* *&^%$#@#$%^&* minutes.  I pay for premium support, as far as I'm concerned this is breach of contract.  I'm supposed to makes posts in this forum and pray someone is nice enough to answer?  What the hell am I paying for?!?

I would create a trouble ticket, but the @#$%^& device registration wizard won't accept the serial number WHICH I'M GETTING DIRECTLY FROM THE *&^%$#@ DEVICE.

How is this going to work?  Good product, utterly @#$%^&* useless support?  I don't know if you guys are aware, but in 2016 IT personnel don't have hours to @#$%^&* while you're trying to get it together, we've got stuff to do.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
Parents
  • I also have had the same problem.  I've been on hold for 40-60 minutes several times.  I bought our UTM last fall and the first time I had a problem I called support and got right in and the tech was a great help.  I haven't had that success since.  

When my re-seller and my sophos account person sold me on the UTM they told me about "premium" support.  They said for an addition charge I could get a number for tier 2 that I could call direct instead of going through tier 1.  I looked over my purchase order and sure enough it had the "premium support" line item. 

After a couple times of not getting a hold of anyone in tier 1 I contacted my sophos account rep to get the tier 2 number but was told that I needed to have premium support for that.  I sent the purchase order to them to show that I did indeed purchase the premium support and I was then informed that there are TWO LEVELS OF SUPPORT BOTH CALLED PREMIUM!!!!.  Yes!  They explained that there is Astaro Premium support and Sophos Premium support.  One is included with the device and is the basic tier 1 support the and other one is the extra charge for tier 2 direct access.  They said that even though the line item said "premium support", the part number indicated the regular level support.  Sophos apologized and said that understood how having to different things with the same name "could cause confusion".  They didn't apologize enough to bump me up to that level of support.  I'm having to pay the difference now to make that up.

So, you said you have premium support.  Well, you probably do...premium as in regular first level support with nothing special.  

• I also have had the same problem.  I've been on hold for 40-60 minutes several times.  I bought our UTM last fall and the first time I had a problem I called support and got right in and the tech was a great help.  I haven't had that success since.  

When my re-seller and my sophos account person sold me on the UTM they told me about "premium" support.  They said for an addition charge I could get a number for tier 2 that I could call direct instead of going through tier 1.  I looked over my purchase order and sure enough it had the "premium support" line item. 

After a couple times of not getting a hold of anyone in tier 1 I contacted my sophos account rep to get the tier 2 number but was told that I needed to have premium support for that.  I sent the purchase order to them to show that I did indeed purchase the premium support and I was then informed that there are TWO LEVELS OF SUPPORT BOTH CALLED PREMIUM!!!!.  Yes!  They explained that there is Astaro Premium support and Sophos Premium support.  One is included with the device and is the basic tier 1 support the and other one is the extra charge for tier 2 direct access.  They said that even though the line item said "premium support", the part number indicated the regular level support.  Sophos apologized and said that understood how having to different things with the same name "could cause confusion".  They didn't apologize enough to bump me up to that level of support.  I'm having to pay the difference now to make that up.

So, you said you have premium support.  Well, you probably do...premium as in regular first level support with nothing special.  

Children
  • This doesn't sound right.  In your place, I would have a serious discussion with your reseller instead of paying more.  Then again, if you're not in North America, there may be things about UTM support of which I am not aware.

Even those of my clients that have "regular" Premium Support contact me first.  Often, I can solve their issue with a phone call so short that I don't even deduct the time from pre-paid consulting.  Unless you're a large organization paying $100K/yr for personalized support, it just doesn't pay to open tickets any way other than via email or MyUTM.

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA
  • I also agree that it doesn't sound right but my sophos rep said they went up through their manager and further and all I got was a slight discount on the Premium support.  My re-seller is SHI and they didn't offer any kind of support for the product so I'm stuck calling support.  

I'm used to Cisco/VMware/Veeam/Barracuda support where, if there is a network down emergency, I can call and talk to someone that isn't supposed to get off the phone until the issue is resolved.  I was hoping that with the premium support I would get something similar.  I've never had good luck submitting an email ticket to any vendor/company and getting a prompt reply.  Most of the time I need support is in an emergency down situation or at 2 am so I usually can't wait.  I'm in Alaska so anytime they call back is usually off hours for me.

When the product was sold to me in October, the rep really played up the "North America support is really getting beefed up!" but I haven't seen that yet.  I have yet to talk to anyone in support from North America.  

Maybe this isn't the best place to vent, but the support has been lackluster and not everyone has a re-seller they can call up for help.  I've liked the product (SG 310 x2) but I'm not impressed at all with the support.

• Your Settings here prevented me from sending you a PM, please send me one so we can have an exchange about your experience.  I still don't think they're giving you complete information.  Are they trying to sell you Enhanced Support?

Cheers - Bob

Sophos UTM Community Moderator
    Sophos Certified Architect - UTM
    Sophos Certified Engineer - XG
    Gold Solution Partner since 2005
    MediaSoft, Inc. USA