This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sophos UTM 9.1 Soft-Release Available

I am proud to announce that after months of research, development, and testing that today we are releasing Sophos UTM 9.1. This is a major update to the UTM line that introduces dozens of new features, offers vastly increased performance, and all told makes the UTM even more formidable in the market. You will find an amazing new system for enforcing your Web Security settings on clients anywhere they are in the world using new functionality in our UTM Endpoint offering, wireless repeating and bridging for our Wireless AP50, and SSL VPN for iOS and Android, and that's just a sample of what awaits you in UTM 9.1!

The full "GA" release will occur within the next weeks depending on the results of the soft-release feedback. We will closely monitor this thread up until the worldwide release. To our energetic and much-appreciated 9.1 Beta-testers: we will soon be winding down our Beta Forums and will post more news there shortly.

A word on soft-releases: These are the intended release for GA, however we do make small adjustments and fix some additional bugs between now and the GA push via our Up2Date infrastructure. Soft-releases are considered production-ready and not Beta releases, however soft-release Up2Dates can only be installed by downloading them manually to your PC and uploading them via WebAdmin, or installing the Soft-Release ISO on your hardware/software and restoring a backup file from your existing UTM.

Full release notes, an official Up2Date blog post, some tweaked documentation, and other details will be finalized and communicated with the release of the GA version, for now, if you'd like to install the 9.1 release a little bit in advance, the details can be found below.

[SIZE="3"]Sophos UTM 9.1 Release Information[/SIZE]
Download Links
Up2date for all installations from 9.006 to 9.100-8:

ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/UTM/v9/up2date/u2d-sys-9.006005-100008.tgz.gpg

9.100-8 ISO image for UTM Hardware Appliances:

ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/UTM/v9/hardware_appliance/iso/ssi-9.100-8.1.iso

9.100-8.1 ISO image for UTM Software Appliances:

ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/UTM/v9/software_appliance/iso/asg-9.100-8.1.iso

*For UTM 9.1 BETA TESTERS ONLY (this will bring you from 9.092 to the 9.100-8, it will not work for non-beta versions):

ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/UTM/v9/beta/u2d-sys-9.092008-100008.tgz.gpg

Official Up2Date Description:
Remarks:
* System will be rebooted
* Configuration will be upgraded
* Database will be converted
* Connected Wifi APs will perform firmware upgrade
* Connected RED devices will perform firmware upgrade

News:
Major Features
* Endpoint: Web Protection for UTM Endpoint
* Network/RED/Wifi: Support for MAC Address Filtering
* RED: Offline Provisioning
* VPN: SSL VPN Support for iOS and Android
* Wifi: Wireless Repeating and Bridging for AP50

Other Features
* WebAdmin: Replace “Traffic Lights” with Toggle-Switch Design
* WebAdmin: Replace Flash Charts with JavaScript-only Solution
* Endpoint: SAA for MacOS X
* Mail: SSL Support for POP3 Proxy
* Network: QoS Download Throttling
* Network: IPv6 Prefix Delegation
* Network: IPv6 Renumbering
* Network: DNSSEC Validation
* Network: Allow to specify direction of Country Blocking
* Network: Exceptions for Country Blocking
* Network: Increase Scalability of Network Reporting/Accounting
* Network: Multilink PPP Support
* Network: Amazon VPC IPSec Tunnel Support
* RED: Auto-Deauthorize Devices
* RED: Improve UMTS Modem Support
* RED/VPN: Notifications for tunnel up/down
* VPN: SSL VPN Profiles
* VPN: Support for AES+GCM and AES+CTR Ciphers in IPSec
* WAF: Outlook Anywhere Passthrough Support
* Web: Complete Customization of Block Pages
* Web: Optionally Force Caching of Sophos Endpoint Updates
* Web: Allow to specify Maximum Download Size
* Wifi: Redirect Support for Hotspot
* General: Database Architecture Overhaul
* General: More Services Support Lock-Out after Failed Authentication
* General: Time-Events can Span Across Midnight

Fixes:
#15089: Support for Outlook Anywhere via the Webapplication Firewall
#17999: It’s not possible to take over the internet explorer(8 & 9) proxy settings with the openvpn-gui client
#18601: Checkbox “Mime blocking inspects HTTP body” enabled does not work when Antivirus scanning is disabled
#19006: Internet Explorer still doesn't trust the webadmin certificate after importing the WebAdmin CA
#20050: gzip deflate compression not working with WAF
#21494: IPS report for pdf and csv is incorrect
#21590: Fix SNMP traps for notifications
#21825: Form hardening breaks ‘XHTML 1.0 strict’ compliance
#21829: Timeframe and Department missing in PDF header lines
#21857: Reporting: in the Top Applications by Client PDF export the total column is displayed twice
#21861: Application Control Reporting: incorrect data in the exported pdf/xls
#21892: Encryption User: Download PKCS#12 key doesn’t work if S/MIME is disabled
#21898: Web Protection Reporting: missing sorting order in pdf under some circumstances
#21928: SSL certificate exceptions do not work for urls with an IPv6 literal as hostname
#21942: IPS notifications contain invalid links
#21957: DHCP server not working properly with large IP ranges
#21958: Live log for packetfilter shows numbers instead of the protocol
#22371: The NAT rule object cannot use network group objects for the traffic destination attribute with uplink primary address
#22546: RED Split-Tunneling via UMTS is not working properly
#22634: Static IP address assignment for RED does not work together with transparent/split mode
#23333: Blocked application name on the block page is truncated
#24156: Search Engine Report => Top 10 pie has label with HTML br tag  in description.

Virtualization known issues note:
There is a small problem which leads to deadlocks during boot-up on some versions of the KVM virtualization if the KVM instance uses more than one CPU. Workaround is to only use this version in kvm instances with one CPU.
The ISO installer sometimes hangs on start-up when using Citrix XEN. The workaround is to install 9.006 and use the Up2Date to 9.100 to run this version.

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Does the 9.006 to 9.100softrelease migrate/convert/keep existing 9.006 Endpoint installations, or is a reinstall of the EP's required?
  • here's goes the big test on my testing unit..[:)]

Owner:  Emmanuel Technology Consulting

http://etc-md.com

Former Sophos SG(Astaro) advocate/researcher/Silver Partner

PfSense w/Suricata, ntopng, 

Other addons to follow

• Shouldn't need to re-install EP's now, as the broker server is moved over...
  • All-

I installed it, noticed some items look different. Country blocking has more functionality. I encountered some entries using DNSSEC in the DNS log. There is an increase in upload speed, however a decrease in down load speed. Using several speed test sites ranging between 65 to 76 mb down. Before the upgrade the average was 83 down. Downloading and installing the full ISO may correct those issues. Over all I think we are good, there are a few new items to try. I am interested to know what caused the difference in download speed. Maybe a left over from the upgrade....

Thanks,
    Jim
  • Shouldn't need to re-install EP's now, as the broker server is moved over...

Jap. Worked flawless as far as I can see...after few mins the clients showed up back online in EP Dashboard.

Nice. [:D]
  • The speed of the system is much better, updated in two hosts, Xen and VMWare and everything is ok!
  • Hallo,

what is the right way to update a virtuall (Vmware-ESX5i) HA with 2 Nodes?
    Backups are written ;-)

Thanks 

Ralf
  • be careful!!
    Trying to upgrade my system - run the system useless.
    The upgrade got stack in the middle.
    After restarting, I could log in, but it seems the proxy is out of functioning.
    Luckily it is a VM so I went back to snapshot I took before.
    Happened the same to a friend of mine.
  • Im downloading 
    Up2date for all installations from 9.006 to 9.100-8:
    ftp://ftp.astaro.com/pub/UTM/v9/up2d...100008.tgz.gpg

But it dosent work. The installations starts, finishes (I can see in the installations process that 9.1 is installing) and the FW reboots, but still on the latest 9.006.....

I have a UTM 120 Rev 5

EDIT: Works now with SUSI [;)]

BR,
    Revo

• But it dosent work. The installations starts, finishes (I can see in the installations process that 9.1 is installing) and the FW reboots, but still on the latest 9.006.....

BR,
    Revo

Hi,
    this sound most likely like a browser chache issue. Please clear the chache and login to webadmin again. Additionally you can check the version by executing 'version' on the console.