firefox problems

1- Sandboxie 5.30 or beta 5.31 , Windows 10 x64 bit 1903
2 - firefox 66.0.5 works abnormal, some www links cant be open and i got an error.   on 1809 windows no any problems.
3 - eset nod 12
4 - for example, i can open www.sandboxie.com, but when i open forums tab - then i have an error (Server not found, or link cant be opened)
5 - Does it occur in a new sandbox with default settings?  yes
6 - Server not found, or link cant be opened.

Parents Reply Children
  • Hi v k, 

I have no issues accessing that site via Sandboxed Firefox in 1903.

Could you please copy-paste the error, so I can translate it in google? 

Can you try disabling your extensions (if any), or even better creating a new Firefox profile and see if the problem occur in the new profile under a new Sandbox with default settings
    Try deleting the browser's cache as well. 
    As another suggestion test turning off your antivirus software, reboot and see if that changes the behavior at all.

Regards,

Barb@Sophos
    Community Support Engineer | Sophos Technical Support
    Knowledge Base  |  @SophosSupport  | Sign up for SMS Alerts
    If a post solves your question use the 'This helped me' link.

• i used firefox portable maybe in this problem?

• i done all what you provide. nothing changing((( also  i have clean installation without any antivirus or any progrmam. but problems is present(((

• 1. i made clean installation windows 1903 64bit (russian edition) on both of my Pc and notebook
    2. i installed sandboxie 5.31.1 with default settings.
    3. i installed Firefox 67 64bit.
    4. No any other programms not installed.
    5. I open Firefox via sandboxed, then type www.google.com and press enter, after that on search line i writing microsoft and getting search results. after that i open first link on page(www.microsoft.com) and page doesnt open (the same you can get if you turn off your wi-fi or lan connection to web).
    6. with ie11  via sandboxed i  have some  problems, first of all in your forum reply button doesnt active, but ie11 witout sandboxie works well. Also in ie11 via sandboxie this link works wrong - https://support.hp.com/ru-ru/drivers/selfservice/hp-probook-4730s-notebook-pc/5060893 (i cant choose any driver) but without sandboxie is no problem. In ie11 via sandboxie doesnt work development mode(f12).
    so i think there are sandboxie 5.31.1 have some problems with browsers.

• Hi v k, 

I cannot repro the Firefox issue. 

However, I cannot sign it to these forums on in Win 1903 + Sandboxed IE due to sign in option missing (not sure how are you getting to the response options). If I click on join the group, I am presented with sign in options, but they get rejected due to "Unable to connect to the server. Please check your network connection"  - I've alerted the devs.  Firefox does work, as a workaround. 

Thanks. 

Barb@Sophos

• Barb, i have not any idea how to explain what is going on(((

here is video, maybe it will show what i mean  - https://dropmefiles.com/PFBXQ

1) firefox sandboxed

2) firefox unsandboxed

• Hi v k,

I understand the issue, but I cannot reproduce it. 

What is the search addon that you have there? 

Thanks!

Barb@Sophos

• Yandex search addon for default, but i think it's doesnt all matter, because on 1809 windows all work without any problem. What is interesting that problem appears spontaneously. Sometimes firefox sandboxed open any adress or link, in another time it doesnt work. i tried firefox 66.0.5 and 67, but still get the same result. I made clean installation of win 1903 RUS 64 on both devices and got the same issues. Which information i can provide to solve this problem? does the  sandboxie have the debugger mode to see what going wrong?

• Hi v k,

If Sandboxie was blocking access to certain URLs (which it can't to begin with as it is not a firewall) , you would never be able to access them. Sporadic problems could mean an issue with your setup or your network.

I am leaving this thread open in case anybody else is seeing a similar issue. In the meantime, I'd suggest removing any addons and search engines, creating a new sandbox with default settings and re-testing after that. 

Regards,

Barb@Sophos

• Hi, Barb! I tried again to do the clean installation on both my devices(Pc and notebook) and got the same rusult.
    1) with 1809 on both devices firefox works in sandboxie correctly, without any problems. I tried 5.28 5.30 5.31.1 and in all this variants i dont have any problems or something else.
    2) On clean installation 1903 without using the sandboxie, all browser like a Opera, Ie11, Firefox works flawlessly. So it is not hardware issue,  if consider i checked my both devices with diffrent hardware.
    3) Ie11 sandboxed also works without problems, all link are opening and  not any errors with network pages. So i make a conclusion that no any network problems with my hardware.
    4) Firefox unsandboxed work correctly - all link or web pages opening without any errors. So i think it is not a problem of my hardware or my Windows.
    5) Firefox sandboxed working with errors, some links are not opening or opening with visual errors or opens  from first attempt,
    somethimes.
    P/s  i dont know for which reason you can not reproduce this problem, maybe this is problem of russian redaction of windows 1903,  but it present and i asks for developers help. Maybe they will find decision.