This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Database creation Failed!

Hi all, 

I am trying to install Sophos Safeguard Ver 6.1. All is doing well by following the wizard, but I am stumped during the creation of the database.

I can connect to my SQL database without problems but somehow, during the creation of Master Key which is the part that it will write to the dtabase, it fails. 

Prompting me to go to my temp files and look for the error. 

There were two txt files: sqlscript_error and sqlscript_output

The output file contains the script that will run the command: 

Creating Database

Microsoft WIndows [Version 6.1.7601]

Copyright (c) 2009 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. 

C:\Windows\system32>@ECHO OFF

SQLCMD -b -s "mydomain\mydb" -i "C:\users\john\appdata\local\temp\tmpCreatedatabase.sql" -E

Exit

The error file goes like this:

'SQLCMD" is not a recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

Anyone who knows how to get past these. I've been trying for 2 days now.. and somehow nothing came up with any searches.

Thank You

:54889

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Hello JohnMedina,

if the database is remote the necessary command line utilities might not be installed on the server where you're installing SafeGuard. Or if it's local the %Path% variable does not include SQL Server's \...\Tools\Binn\ folder.

HTH

Christian

:54894
  • Hi Christian, 

Thanks for the reply. The SQL server is located remotely. Do i really need to install this command line utilies? I check the path and i can actually run the command SQLCMD on the SQL server itself. Seems like I need to install this command line utilies. Will let you know the result.

Thanks for the help. :)

John

:54897
  • Thank you! It works. I also installed the ODBC Driver 11 as it is a pre requisite for SQLCMDutils. Just goes to show how newbie I am in this SQL thingy. Thank you so much kind sir! 

:54900
  •  Just wanted to say a BIG thank you to QC for the solution. I've had this same problem with Version 7.0 and found nothing on this. Why Sophos don't mention this in the pre-requisites is beyond me. But thanks a lot QC for the solution. This worked!

:57680
  • Hi SAOgier,

the SafeGuard Management Center version 7.00 installs the required "SQL Server Command Line Utilities" and "SQL Server 2012 Native Client" automatically (after manual approval) as a pre-requisite before running the actual setup.

If the Management Center installation package was moved from its original location (\Installers\Backend Installers\SGNManagementCenter.msi) and the SQL installation packages are not available in (Installers\3rd party\...), the Management Center installation routine will ask for the location of the packages.

Did you had any issues with the SQL Tools check during the installation of the Management Center?

Regards,

ChrisD

:57703