This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Aladdin/Sophos eToken Support in SGN SGN 5.50.8.13 under Windows 7

Hi there,

could you please provide me with information about compatibility of:

- Aladdin/Sophos eToken PRO (Java and Siemens CardOS)

- Windows 7 32/64Bit

- Windows XP 32Bit

- Aladidn/Sophos PKI Client 5.1 SP1

In the release notes in section 3.7 it says: The following smart cards/token are not supported on the Windows Vista or Windows 7 platforms: - CardOS, Siemens profile.

However, this sentence is not listed in section 3.8, that talks about Tokens, rather than SmartCards.

Best regards,

Christian

:6783

This thread was automatically locked due to age.
  • Check this thread for info on Etoken and its management. I was sorely dissapointed to see that currently the TMS management center is not supported by SGN.

I have been playihng on and off trying to get this to work without having to reissue every token out there, also the SGN has nowehere near the amount of logging or management options for the tokens. I requested some sort of brige that would allow SNG to talk to TMS.

We use the Etoken 64k Java OS, with Etoken TMS 5.1 SP1, PKI 5.1 SP1 and Etoken logon 5.1 currently on Safeguard Easy machins but they are 4.50.

:6809
  • Hello CHansen,

sorry for the late reply.

We basically support Aladdin tokens (both Java and Siemens platforms) from Windows XP to 7 with PKI Client 5.1. This is not described in the release notes as the compatibility list is quite large; the release notes usually contain only the new tokens added to the product.

With compliments,

:7987
  • Hello Typhoon87,

sorry for this late reply, too.

In SGE (up to 4.50) you only had user credentials to logon, i.e. userID and password were stored somehow on the token. For this is made perfect sense to support TMS.

In SGN we added certificate support and in most cases they are used instead of the user credentials. Certificates are normally created by PKIs and TMS has an interface to them. Therefore we did not provide a redundant interface to TMS.

For the credential use case we worked with a partner company, NetFox, which wrote a TMS connector for SGN.

With compliments,

:7989
  • Hello Thomas,

Where in the Sophos site can I download the latest version of this connector?

:8107
  • Hi Typhoon87,

not from our web site, unfortunately. Please get in touch with the Netfox people.

http://www.netfox.de/

With compliments,

:8787
  • Thomas,

I have sent them an Email to request the download, but this still seems a bit convaluted. If they tell me its not free this is a big step backwards, I should not have to license additional software to make this work.

My question that I still have is why did you guys not make a connector? I really think I lose quite a bit of furntionaly or if it is there it is very hidden. See my oringal thread for my semi rant about missing reporting features. Also I am forced to use the pki client then the SGN client then the pki client to set up a token with TMS I can do it completey from the TMS manamagent webpage no clicking between multiple interfaces. () All current tokens will either need to be re-formated to work with SNG this causes issues with some departments I have share laptops and as the machines will not all would not be upgraded at one time meaning some users would be forced to carry two tokens one SEG 4.5X and one SGN 5.5X formatted.

Is there something I am missing?

:8873
  • Hi Typhoon87,

we decided not to go for TMS integration because of the PKI integration in SafeGuard Enterprise. Our assumption is that TMS can handle this without us perfectly, and an interface from SGN to TMS is not really required. I agree that you may have to use multiple interfaces, but we only would do redundant stuff and always need to stay in sync with TMS improvements. This causes a lot of maintenance work on our side.

This also influenced our decision regarding the credentials. I agree that a TMS connector will make perfect sense here, but most of the user community uses certificates anyway. Hence our decision not to go for the extra mile, so we left it to partners to do integration work if they want to. Netfox is one of them, and of course they want to sell their solution.

Can't you use certificates for SGN 5.5x and credentials for SGE 4.5 in parallel? That should be working perfectly.

With compliments,

:9849